Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2004, 02:00 PM
is not this trim anymore!

Mrs. WI will resume a conversation we ended three days ago with no warning at all. Then she wonders why I have no idea what the hell she's talking about!

Me: Hi honey, how was your day?
She: Ok, I guess...I'm still tired from waking up at 4:00 this morning.
Me: Yeah, I know. I didn't want to get up at all today.
She: They shut down
Me:
She: The bakery? We were just talking about it over the weekend? Don't you listen to anything I say?

Next time she does that, I'm gonna say "Thank You" like they do on the TV commercial!

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:08 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
lmao @ WI, bigbad does this to me all the time.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:30 PM
Damnit Boy!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Bardog
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildIrish
Mrs. WI will resume a conversation we ended three days ago with no warning at all. Then she wonders why I have no idea what the hell she's talking about!

Ditto!!!!!

Another thing that drives me crazy is "issues"
I absolutely hate to hear this buzz word!

We have "issues" with the server.
What was the "issue" with the equipment?
Was that "issue" resolved?
He has "issues".

The word to use is PROBLEMS
An issue is a damn magazine!!!!

Makes me want to the hell out of anyone who uses that word!!!
Old 09-14-2004, 04:11 PM
Manwhore

I know exactly what you mean Bardog... When I hear people say 'I've got issues', I ask them if they are looking for any back issues.

Unless, of course, it would be a bad time to joke about their problem.

If that's the case... I wait until they are getting over it and I the hell out of 'em.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 09-14-2004, 04:20 PM
is not this trim anymore!

Just tell them "I don't need to be hearing about you and your tissues!" and walk away.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:27 PM
*Dixie Delight*

Send a message via AIM to BlondBabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph
Maybe he's watched the "Drugs are bad, mmmkay?" teacher on South Park too much!

lol Steph, I think she has!!!!

Guess where I'm tattooed
Old 09-15-2004, 03:05 AM

"...like, you know, ..."

I can cope (badly in the case of "like", but cope all the same) with either phrase in isolation. It's verbal stalling, but what the hell. Used together, I want to start pushing their teeth down their throat, one by one.

But since I think I'm one of those people who can time warp conversations, maybe I'd just best be keeping my mouth shut .

G
Old 09-15-2004, 03:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildIrish

Me: Hi honey, how was your day?
She: Ok, I guess...I'm still tired from waking up at 4:00 this morning.
Me: Yeah, I know. I didn't want to get up at all today.
She: They shut down
Me:
She: The bakery? We were just talking about it over the weekend? Don't you listen to anything I say?

Next time she does that, I'm gonna say "Thank You" like they do on the TV commercial!

And you wonder why I'm single?
Old 09-15-2004, 05:31 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Drives me straight up the wall and you have to peel me off the ceiling when I hear that something is "NEW and IMPROVED". Is it fuckin new...or is it something you've improved upon? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Also, (oh, this one gets me crazy too) around where I live, something or someone is always "at". Where did you find it "at"? Where did he go "at"? Where did you leave it "at"? Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggg! I hate that! Should be, Where did you find it? Where did he go? Where did you leave it?

No "AT"!!! NO FRIGGIN "AT"...damnitalltohell!!!!

Whew! I'm done for now...but I know there is more!

P.S. My mother used to say tager for tiger and I'd cringe whenever she did it. You'd be surprised how often "tiger" came up in our conversations. She probably did it to drive me crazy! LOL!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 09-15-2004, 05:34 AM
Wishful Thinker

Send a message via ICQ to BigBear57 Send a message via MSN to BigBear57 Send a message via Yahoo to BigBear57
LOL Hon, don't dwell in GA. If there was to be a global grammar enema we'd get the hose. I work with a guy who constantly uses the wrong words. His command of the language is fingernails on a chalkboard. One of his most common is switching the words "liable" and "reliable". He says "I'm not going to be held reliable for that. " and I'll say "Don't worry, nobody will mistake you for reliable." LOL

Love is not looking in each other's eyes, but looking together in the same direction - Antoine De Saint-Exupery
Old 09-15-2004, 07:14 AM
My own little world

Send a message via AIM to TinTennessee Send a message via MSN to TinTennessee Send a message via Yahoo to TinTennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear57
LOL Hon, don't dwell in GA. If there was to be a global grammar enema we'd get the hose. I work with a guy who constantly uses the wrong words. His command of the language is fingernails on a chalkboard. One of his most common is switching the words "liable" and "reliable". He says "I'm not going to be held reliable for that. " and I'll say "Don't worry, nobody will mistake you for reliable." LOL

ROFLMAO!
Old 09-15-2004, 07:25 AM
Count Spankula

Lixy - new and improved drives me nuts, too!

My biggest pet peeve is when you are telling someone about a good restaurant/favorite store of yours and they feel the need to tell you that the ABSOLUTE BEST restaurant in the world is blah, blah, blah. They don't even let you finish talking about your place. WTF?

I have been spending a lot of time in Memphis and was talking to a group of people about some of the best barbeque I had. Some jagoff jumps into the middle of the conversation and tells me that I'm wrong. The best barbeque in the whole world is... Shut the fuck up, moron. I don't care.

Whew. Can anyone tell I haven't gotten much sleep but have had more than enough caffeine this morning?
Old 09-15-2004, 09:49 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

LMAO

I’ve loved every post on this thread and can relate to most all of them.
While I find a lot of these annoying, I can handle the things like the interjection of “ya know” into each sentence, and even get past the current ‘hot word’ juggler. That’s the person that must include the top 10 hot-words of the week in every discussion to show they are “in the loop.” The only thing I’ve noticed is that most of the time, their loop doesn’t draw up very tightly.

The one that gets to my disconnect switch, is the person that begins the response to any question with “that’s a good question:dizzy:”. Use it once in a discussion and you have my TOTAL attention!! (you now better have an exceptional answer if the question was THAT good) Use it twice and every word is going to be tested for creditability. With the third use, I know you don’t have a fucking clue what you are talking about and I have to turn it completely off. I have left public meetings to prevent a spontaneous outburst and even excused myself from meetings that would only become otherwise antagonistic. For some reason, that flashes a red flag at me over rides everything else.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 09-15-2004, 09:54 PM
broken

Send a message via Yahoo to FallenAngel5
I have to agree with Lixy about 'new and improved.'

But one of my top pet peeves is the.... 'free gift.' Last time I checked, all gifts were free. That is, indeed, the essence of the 'gift.'
Baby I’m your slave
I’ll let you whip me if I misbehave
Tie me to the bedpost
I like it rough
cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all
Old 09-15-2004, 10:41 PM
~getting by~

I know I have a few, and commit some that drive others batty....

But the one that drove me nearly insane and I finally had to have a discussion with an English major and correct her misuse on was "ideal". She was using this as an apporpriate substitue of "idea". For example, "I have an ideal on how we can solve the most recent problem."

Mine that I've been corrected on are unthaw and another negated word that escapes me at the moment.

One my mom says that now drives me up a wall is prit'near. It's a midwestern thing and makes me crawl under a rock when I hear it.