Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2002, 09:27 AM
Jay's Babe

Send a message via Yahoo to Vintage Vixen
Back in early Oct. of last year,Dzbuster and i went to Las Vegas and outside of NEW YORK,NEW YORK...was a tribute wall to all the lives that were lost on 9-11.There were pics of policeman,fireman,civilians ,those who were found and those who remain missing.It was quite incredible to see.I really can't imagine the the strength and courage it has taken the survivors to even begin to heal .Your poem was great Lixy....very touching.
I guess what i'm feeling is just be greatful for today,hug your kids,
say i luv you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg candles.jpg (21.7 KB, 303 views)

Old 09-07-2002, 10:24 PM
Jay's Babe

Link

This is a link i found on msn where you can add your own square to a 9- 11 memorial quilt.http://www.911memorialquilt.com/index.html?source=msne
Attached Images
File Type: jpg memorialquilt.jpg (14.1 KB, 327 views)

Old 09-08-2002, 02:51 AM
Starry-eyed Pixie

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaKyttn
As I'm sure some of you know I work and train Search and Rescue dogs. Since it was my 18th birthday I wasn't called out. but I heard a lot about it. I think one gross mistake was made in that they allowed dogs that were not fully trained to go search wreckage and if those LIVE SEARCH dogs didn't alert on CADAVER SCENTS then they moved to the next area. I don't train cadaver, it's just not my deal but I wouldn't send my LIVE SEARCH dog out after more than an hour let alone my PARTIALLY TRAINED search dog take up time a more experianced trainer/dog team could be out there being sucessful. I'm sorry that this is a different side of the issue than was being addressed but I really feel we could have pulled more people out alive had they sent the competent dogs and handlers in rathyer than whoever was on the scene, it would be like takeing an arson dog to do narcotics searches. they are trained to find two totally different things.
sorry
Kyttn
Old 09-08-2002, 04:14 AM
Working Stiff

First of all, Lixy babe...this thread was a BRILLIANT idea. Second, BSB thanks for the tat shots. Third Kytty, no reason to be sorry, you say what you think and that's what we love about ya, and it's the truth. Finally I gotta add my two cents. I grew up in rural West Virginia...like there's any other part of WV..lol. Anywhoo, my neighbor that I grew up with and have known for 20 years lives in Manhattan, works IN one of the Trade Center bldgs. I was living with an EX at the time, work up for work that morning..was just out of the shower and drinking my coffee...then I saw the TV. The first plane had just hit, I thought "damn..pilot musta been drunk or something, then the second hit..then the news of the Pentagon..then the news of United #93...I was speechless. See, at the time, I was a supervisor in a reservations office for United. I was not only mad/sad/confused by and for the family's and victims, but also my fellow co-workers. I tried calling my friend in Manhattan for hours on end from work..no asnwer I was scared to death. Later found out she had overslept and was in the shower when it all happened. After it was all said and done, I had lunch with a lawyer friend and found out his now wife was on a business trip up there that day..and has a receipt from a resturant in one of the towers from about 8am that day. Talk about scared to death. He couln't reach her for that entire day. My best friend was stationed in Shreeveport Louisiana that day. It's an Air Force base, and I was scared he would be sent out. I finally got in touch with him that evening and found out he had hurt his back and was on medical leave. My friends all were lucky, there were some who have friends who werent. My heart goes out to ANYONE who knew or loved someone lost in the attacks. My thoughts are with the men and women in Afghanistan and the Middle east. Ok, I've rambled enough for one night. Just had to say something. By the time I finished reading the thread, I was in tears. Thanks again to Lixxy, Scotz, BSB, Dicks and anyone else I missed. Great thread and hope to see more responses!!!!
Old 09-08-2002, 07:43 AM
Just me.

Never Forget

Another picture from a year ago that has, I think, captured the feeling of the nation ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eaglewebsz.jpg (73.1 KB, 283 views)
Old 09-08-2002, 08:48 AM
Jay's Babe

Bruce Spingsteen's new album "The Rising" has several songs about 9-11.The words to this song "Into the fire" just really struck me.I also found a pic that was on the cover of newsweek magazine i beleive.So i thought i'd post that also.
INTO THE FIRE

The sky was falling and streaked with blood
I heard you calling me, then you disappeared into the dust
Up the stairs, into the fire
I need your kiss, but love and duty called you someplace higher
Somewhere up the stairs, into the fire

May your strength give us strength
May your faith give us faith
May your hope give us hope
May your love give us love

May your love bring us love

You gave your love to see, in fields of red and autumn brown
You gave your love to me and lay your young body down
I need you near, but love and duty called you someplace higher

May your love give us love

It was dark, too dark to see, you held me in the light you gave
You lay your hand on me
Then walked into the darkness of your smoky grave
I need your kiss, but love and duty called you someplace higher

May your love bring us love...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg girlflag.jpg (12.2 KB, 294 views)

Old 09-09-2002, 12:09 AM
Everybody Stretch!

TY, TY, TY.......The response to this is overwhelming!

Coach....TY for venting........ramble as much as you like! TY for sharing hun!

BamaKyttn.......No need to be sorry......I put this here so we could say what we feel.........I cherish the freedom to do so....so feel free to say it loud and proud! TY for peeking in!

BSB.....I just love your additions and pics and thoughts!

db........You couldn't be sweeter if you tried!

Eros.........You have a side I never knew! I like it.......makes me feel closer! TY for sharing!

Just have to thank everyone!......The sharing and caring here at Pixies is so wonderful!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 09-09-2002, 12:18 AM
Everybody Stretch!

I am curious as to our Non-American friends thoughts on this subject. The impact was felt round the world. Please feel free to post as well..........all are welcome and you can say whatever you feel. TY in advance!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 09-09-2002, 05:32 AM
yet seldom member

I had been at work when one of my chiefs entered the room to bring the news. He started telling about the two collapsed towers. That news was so incredible - I did not believe him. When he continued saying that also the Pentagon was concerned it was the proof for me it only could have been a very bad joke. On the way home I heard on the radio it was the horrible truth.
Later I had to go shopping and I could see how the news had not yet arrived to everybody... couldnīt tell it.
That was one of the few days in my life running "on emergency program" - I was shocked.
Old 09-09-2002, 06:33 AM
Horny Devil

Send a message via ICQ to legend
saw it on tv late at night.....as it was unfolding.....couldn't believe what was happening

The sun is gone, but I have a light - Kurt Cobain

~I love Nikki~
Old 09-09-2002, 10:43 AM
Jay's Babe

Lixy...i'd really like to thank you for starting this thread.Although i
wasn't personally affected ,i can't think of anything that has touched my heart more or made me appreciate life except for my moms passing away...I really like to beleive that they are in a better place.And i do beleive in karma,so those motherfuckers will get theirs!! And i know my moms up there rockin w/ janis and jimmy lol so she's happy ,she had the best taste in music
Again thanx.....

Old 09-09-2002, 01:22 PM
<----Snappin' Pussy

I can remember that day very clearly....and the absolute horror and disbelief i felt as the tragic events unfolded..

We had days of news coverage here in Oz and i watched all that i could....still finding it so hard to believe that human beings could do such an atrocious act against other innocent human beings..

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!
Old 09-09-2002, 04:21 PM
Everybody Stretch!

GermanSteve.........It is and was unbelievable! Shock rocked the world..........I was in a small piece of that world but I knew the extent to which this would travel! TY for sharing hun!

legend........I know the feeling! I watched the entire day from just as tower 2 was hit! I felt disbelief and felt as though I were watching a horrible movie. My mother used to tell of a time when, as a prank (practical joke if you will), she was young and she heard a radio broadcast of aliens landing in the USA. That they were taking over the planet. The nation had no idea for a time that it was a prank. Radio stations across the country were reporting on it. She said the panic was unbelievable! I think it was this radio stations interpretation of the H.G. Wells sci-fi story "War of the Worlds". But I could be wrong. But fear like that is what happened here....for real....on September 11th! TY for sharing your thoughts!

BSB......As I told db...no TY necessary! I had to do it! I had to get it out! And sweety? I know all too well the feeling of the loss of your parents. Mom died in 1982 and dad in 1997. I just know if your mom is rockin with Janis and Jimi....my mom is rockin with Elvis and crooning with Nat King Cole and "Ole Blue Eyes"! She had great taste in music as well! LOL! I asked her once, while I was in bed and saying goodnight to her as I always do, to say hello to Freddie Mercury for me....she would just love the stuffins outta him as I did! TY once again for sharing!

Shar........I know the horror to which you refer! As I said in my poem...."They know not what they do is wrong"......as I am sure they feel justified and satisfied in their practices and beliefs! I have trouble with that thought....as I think of it like this.....If you prick me, do I not bleed? I mean....I have a human heart too! How can our hearts beat so differently.......how can the value of a human life mean so little for a cause that has no way in hell of ever coming to fruition? In all the history books through the ages...including the bible.....violence begat violence....short and simple! When....did violence ever begat one side "finally" seeing the others point of volition and the tables where turned? TY so much for sharing! I'll get off my soapbox now..LOL!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 09-10-2002, 01:02 PM
Cynic Emeritus

TY Lixy.

One thing I would like to say is that after the one year anniversary, I think it might be time to move on, never forgetting (who could) but carrying on. It was a crazy, horrible year and I probably walked around just shaking my head for a month after the attacks last year. But by pasting it all over our TV sets for the next week non stop again, will only bring people back down.

In any case, as an American, what good did come of the attacks was how the country absolutely came together. Some of it may have been a little over the top but being proud to be an American and having everyone show it was really heartwarming.

We may bicker about abortion, the environment, welfare, racism, taxes and who was most deserving of the "American Idol" award, but ...
We did prove that if someone else fucks with our way of life, we will pull together and stand strong.

Again, more rantings.

CK

"Women, you can't live with them ... pass the beer nuts." - Norm Peterson (George Wednt) on Cheers

"Sometimes you just have to say, what the fuck." - Tom Cruise in Risky Business

"It tastes so good. Once it hits your lips." - Frank the Tank in Old School
Old 09-10-2002, 07:20 PM

Lixy,

"I am curious as to our Non-American friends thoughts on this subject."

As an admirer of the American nation and people who has visited your fine country twice (so far) I was shocked to get a phone call from my daughter at 1AM to tell me to turn on the TV.

I spent the next 21 hours glued to the TV recording 15 hours of footage.

America is under ONGOING threat from MANY people that hate you with a consuming passion that will not rest until it is fullfilled or snuffed out.

BEWARE AMERICA, the danger has not passed!

John.