Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2005, 09:12 PM
Keeping warm

Online Universities?

Well I have tried the regular school rute and I'm tired of paying so much for what little I'm getting out of it.

What I would like to know is if anyone out there had attended one of the online study at home schools? I've looked into two for their two year Vet Tech programs and they seem nice. What was you expirence like? Was it worth the cost?

Please help me if ya can.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:10 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Most regular colleges and unis offer web courses now. They usually have better statistics.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 02-17-2005, 12:10 AM
Freeze!

Send a message via MSN to Mark Vieth
Ok, I am actually about to start an online course myself. Now I don't know if this will help or not, but the site that I am doing through does offer courses at other places as well. I'll attach the link so you can look at your own time.
Also note that this uni is here in australia.

http://www.cqu.edu.au
Old 02-17-2005, 06:20 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I took web courses every semester for the first 2 years. I took ones on campus too. I will most likely get my Masters through the web from a uni that is at the other end of the state. Even though the classes etc were online, I still had to go to a testing center to take exams.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 02-17-2005, 08:32 PM
~getting by~

I don't have any factual information to support what I'm about to say, so please understand that it is only my opinion. The types of situations that Lil mentions accredited universities offering an internet option I feel are more credible than those that are strictly online options (Western Kennedy and Univ of Phoenix online come to mind here). I believe the magical word is ACCREDITED, and as far as I am aware Western Kennedy is not, which is why they offer significant "credit hours" for "experience". I know someone who will have a bachelors degree within one year and $8,000 with no prior course work, but they are giving significant credits for years of working. I believe working is valuable experience, just as education is, but they are different. Afterall, education is typically theory, and working is reality, and ideally the two provide a nice compliment to each other, but not in many fields can you justify that work can replace a textbook in my mind.

I also took a few courses online when I relocated, one was strictly online, discussion, group projects, papers, etc. It fit the medium well as it was an ethics course, I felt the discussions were more honest and candid online than they would have been in a traditional classroom. And groupwork was manageable, even though we were scattered about the US, it just required dedication and flexibility.

Best of luck with whatever you decide, one suggestion I would make is ask a prospective employer how they view the program you consider.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:48 AM

My old assistant mngr was taking courses at :

http://www.u-of-phoenix.com/form.php

She said it was great! I think it a little more expensive than reg college but she said it worked better for her. And she was able to get financial aid.

Good Luck
Old 02-19-2005, 10:02 AM
Keeping warm

Thanks everyone, I'm still looking into some I'll let you know what I pick and ya'll can tell me if I did good or not lol