Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-21-2004, 04:23 AM
slightly daft bugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee from UK
I'm not rejecting Miss 30Something, I'm worried about Miss 20-Something rejecting ME purely and solely because I'm a few years her senior.

And why would this bother you? If Miss whateverherage has an issue with your age, then it is her problem, and not a reflection on you. Chances are that you would find other, more powerful incompatabilities anyway.

40 is no biggie. Be who you are, for as long as you are. Age is irrelevant.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:46 AM

Wyndhy has the point.

Your statement that you seem younger than you are and your fixation on 20something

partners is worrying because healthy sexual activity has it's feet firmly in reality and

it's imagination wherever it wants to wander.

Aging is a fact of life, and hiding from it is a sad futility.

Get real, get laid and make the best of it.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:35 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
Quote:
Hi, I hope you weren't offended by my comments in any way.

hi and HELL NO! just curious why the age thing is so important. i'd say the same things to anyone who dismissed a person solely on the basis of age, religion, race, et cetera, ad infinium, ad nauseum. no-one deserves to be put in the "no" pile just 'cause they don't jive with ones ideal of a life partner. ideals are fairytales. quirks, idiosynchrasies, opinions, tolerances, manners, snores that keep you awake, under-handed toilet paper replacement, laughing through the nose, drinking the milk straight from the carton-- these are the traits that makes a person someone you could or could not love and live with.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:51 PM
~a little bit naughty~

All good advice given to you Jaybee. Much the same thing as I told you too huh?

To find true and lasting love you can only be yourself and hope the woman you fall for is being her self. Then you come together and live life.

I know where you coming from and I understand it. I will be 40 in a year and half and I was hating the idea until I came to Pixies and saw people my age or older that are still sexy, fun, intelligent and know who they are and what they want.

However, if that is what you want then Sweetie, I wish you the very best. I just don't want to see you limit yourself or the right woman that might just in front of you.

Owning Pita, by my JassWolf!!
My Story~ Friday Night Spanking
Old 09-22-2004, 02:15 PM

Cheers T, and everyone!

Just to add counterbalance, I've usually found the the most physically enticing girls TOO don't have the sheer brains nor refined breeding to correspond with their raw sex appeal. But maybe I need to worry less about rejection (that hasn't yet happened!) and more on making myself a more spectacular catch. That way, I could guage, using empirical evidence, just how big, small or middling a factor ACTUALLY is.

Once again, nice of you guys'n'gals to keep my spirits up.

The next step is ACTION. And I'll keep you posted!

Jaybee.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:22 PM
Manwhore

Jaybee... you're worried about getting older and losing appeal with younger women? I have two words for you...

Sean Connery.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 09-24-2004, 05:08 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Did someone say Sean Connery?

*swoon*

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 09-24-2004, 05:10 AM
Everybody Stretch!

P.S. Jaybee.........

As a member of the "Over-The-Hill" gang...I'm sorta resenting this thread (just a little...lol!).

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 09-24-2004, 08:01 AM

Lixy,

Shame on you. You've been practicing that swoon!
Old 09-24-2004, 12:56 PM

If I'm following, Jay's not saying he's onlny interested in 20somethings...he's interested in all sorts of women, but he's worried that the day he turns 40 the dating pool will get a bit shallower because the 20s won't be interested in him. Course, I'm not him...so I'm just guessing.

What I have to say is that age isn't magical. No-one's got an odometer on their forehead...if you're as well preserved and young seeming as you say, Jay, then no-one's going to know. If your soulmate really is younger, she'll see your young heart. Don't worry about it, and don't borrow trouble that's still a whole 4 years away. You don't know what you're going to see or do between now and then. Besides, even if the silliest of the young'uns are scared off by superficial age issues...honestly, are they someone you wanted to be with anyway? Think of age as your "twit" filter . It'll save you wasting tons of time in the end.

But I agree that even if it's not conscious, there's a sense of youth-worship in what you've written. I personally think I'm damned lucky that I found a great guy in my 20s, and that he had the sense to hang on to me until I got to my 30s. I'm only just catching my stride really . I'm a mutch better catch now. Don't get so worried about the 20something girls that you lose sight of (or worse yet, alienate) the wonderful women around you.

G
Old 09-25-2004, 05:58 AM

Ginger, you have a wisdom far beyond YOUR years. Your boyfriend should consider himself a lucky fellow. I would consider it a personal triumph to find a woman with your brains. "Twit filter"...even I wouldn't have thought of that. Yep, I want a girl with your 'raised bar' mentality.

And, that's precisely what I intend to do...no half measures for me.

That said, I don't 'worship' youth in any proper sense of the term. There are many things I find grating about 'young' people today, or should I say youngER people. Gotta say, though, the part that you and couple of others have sensed about my PREFERENCE between 20-somethings and 30-somethings is a no-brainer. ALL OTHER THINGS BEING EQUAL, youth beats age. It is a simple fact of life, for both sexes, in all aspects of life, after 21. Not simply for me, but for all people.

A guy on my training course at work is 10 years my junior. Therefore, we hold the same job, but at different times of life. Now, If he were as tall, good looking, charming, kind-hearted and as wealthy as me, of course, the ladies have every reason to pick him over me. I would be foolish to think they wouldn't, and selfish to think they shouldn't. BUT...as it is, all other things are NOT equal; he is none of the above, making me the better catch.

The inverse is also true. If I had to choose between 22 y.o Britney Spears and a 38 y.o Liz Hurley, I'll take Liz twice on Sundays. In this case, charm, breeding, attitude, height and that GORGEOUS accent beats youth, hands down. By KO in Round 2.
The fact she's a fellow brit doesn't hurt, either..

I trust that lays to rest any lingering doubt about my priorities, although I make no excuse for them whatever they are.

Jaybee.

Ps...Is our forehead, or rather our face, NOT the odometer?!!?
Old 09-25-2004, 06:58 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart
Lixy,

Shame on you. You've been practicing that swoon!

OF's talkin to me!!

*swoon*

*giggle*

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 09-25-2004, 07:42 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
That said, I don't 'worship' youth in any proper sense of the term. There are many things I find grating about 'young' people today, or should I say youngER people. Gotta say, though, the part that you and couple of others have sensed about my PREFERENCE between 20-somethings and 30-somethings is a no-brainer. ALL OTHER THINGS BEING EQUAL, youth beats age. It is a simple fact of life, for both sexes, in all aspects of life, after 21. Not simply for me, but for all people.

A guy on my training course at work is 10 years my junior. Therefore, we hold the same job, but at different times of life. Now, If he were as tall, good looking, charming, kind-hearted and as wealthy as me, of course, the ladies have every reason to pick him over me. I would be foolish to think they wouldn't, and selfish to think they shouldn't. BUT...as it is, all other things are NOT equal; he is none of the above, making me the better catch.

The inverse is also true. If I had to choose between 22 y.o Britney Spears and a 38 y.o Liz Hurley, I'll take Liz twice on Sundays. In this case, charm, breeding, attitude, height and that GORGEOUS accent beats youth, hands down. By KO in Round 2.
The fact she's a fellow brit doesn't hurt, either..

I trust that lays to rest any lingering doubt about my priorities, although I make no excuse for them whatever they are.

Jaybee.

Ps...Is our forehead, or rather our face, NOT the odometer?!!?

So...in your P.S. (if I'm reading this correctly) you're saying that you can judge a person (not only their age...but their possibility) by their looks???? Damn Man...you are good! You've every right to tout your prowess and shoot down everyone else who doesn't ride on the high side of your judgement bar! I'm impressed by how persnickety you seem! Doesn't it leave you with a strong feeling of burden though? I mean...going around having to judge every person you see without getting to know them, based purely on looks?

If I ever try to do that I end up with egg on my face for it. I've met folks who've seemed/looked old, but in actuality are 10-15 years my junior. And, the opposite has been the case as well. But, in my years on this earth I've learned that judging a book by it's cover will keep me from getting to know what's on the inside. Sure, it's nice to have new, smooth, leatherbound books. But if they get weathered and age, they still have the same contents. That they DO weather and age, and are still bound and covered, let's me know just how special they are to have withstood the test of time. I'd have missed a lot of good reading if I only read new books. Course, we aren't talking books here...now are we? I just like the juxtaposition!

Anyway...I've decided to change my sig. line again...back to one I favor above all...in honor of this thread. Carry on! Hope you life goes as smoothly as you're expecting. No..wait! That isn't what I mean...because the topic here is that you are expecting younguns to dis you as you age. OK...what I mean is...I hope you get all that you deserve as you age, regardless of your pessimistic outlook towards the ability of a 20something to be less shallow than you think they are! Yep! That's what I mean!

~Thomas Dewar~

Last edited by LixyChick : 09-25-2004 at 08:01 AM.