Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2003, 05:09 AM

War: For or against it???

I am just curious as to how many of us pixies agree with going to war with Iraq, and who disagrees with this inevitable decision. As a military and combat veteran, I have first hand experience with the devastation of war. I have agreed with the need for, supported and have been involved in war and military conflict in the past, which includes Operation Just Cause (Panama), Operation Desert Shield/Storm (Persian Gulf), Kosovo and Bosnia. However, I do not agree with the current plans to go to war with Iraq. Perhaps part of my feelings with regards to this is the simple fact that I DO NOT trust any member of the Bush clan. Do not be fooled by Bush's propaganda ploys!

Among my many reasons for disagreeing with entertaining the thought of war with Iraq is that I remember what Bush said immediately post 9/11. That it is his goal to "rid the world of terrorists" and to bring all known terrorists "to justice." Given that, he has recently stated that the only way Hussein can avoid war with the U.S. is to leave Iraq and go into exile. That is not bringing a terrorist to justice. And he claims this war is part of his "war against terrorism."

One more thought, the U.S. is the ONLY country that has ever used a "true" weapon of mass-destruction against humanity.
Old 03-18-2003, 06:24 AM
Scottish Angel

I do not agree with war.
I do not agree with terrorism
I do not support domination of the weak and repressed
I do not think that "man" alone is -or indeed ever will be strong enough to manage radical change without bloodshed.

I support the peace keepers
I support those people who put the lives of others before their own.
I support the people carry through orders which they may themselves struggle with

I pray that this is over with quickly and that we , as a speices can get on with finding cures for the millions of ills this world has.

God bless everyone and hold them close.
Old 03-18-2003, 07:29 AM
Soft & Silky CD

Send a message via Yahoo to Tess
I am not FOR war. People will die, and that is a human tragedy.

As much as I fear the loss of life, I also fear the potential for greater loss of life if the Iraqi madman is not challenged and stopped now. He does have chemical, biological, and possibly radiological weapons. There is no doubt of that. I'd rather those weapons be unleashed over there than in my backyard. Tough choice, but it is much more positive to end this now at a time and place of our choosing, than to stand back idly waiting for him to decide.

My thoughts and prayers are with all people of the world who are in harm's way.

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
- Voltaire (1694-1778)

"I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them."
- Ian L. Fleming (1908-1964)

Old 03-18-2003, 07:50 AM
Lusting Horny Pixie

I think I have become pretty vocal as of late with my opinion... I am a very strong war supporter as I am also a Bush supporter as well.

As I have said on earlier posts, NO one wants war, not even the President (no matter what any activist may claim). It is not about wanting war... it is about wanting our world (not just the US) to be a safer place.

I believe that Pres. Bush gave a great speach last night and I can honestly say that I am proud of our president, standing up for what is best for the world. It has been a long time since we have had a president to be proud of.

ducking (Let the tomatos begin flying)
Old 03-18-2003, 08:00 AM
hellsbells's Stallion

Send a message via Yahoo to horseman12
As much as i want to keep my opinions to myself i must say:

I am not for war, but without it this tragedy will never end, it is an unending cycle with saddam, he knows how to play the world, and has done so the past 12 years with much success, we as free people could never understand the injustice that goes on in iraq, that killing of innocent human beings because they have a diffrent opinion than that of the leaders, we can say what we feel with understanding and freedom of knowing we will not face persacution, that is a freedom alot of people take for granted, because we can, in the perfect world thier would never be any wasteful killing, no war, everyone living in harmony, but this is far from a perfect world, and as the old saying goes, thier can never be true happiness without first feeling true pain! I believe for the people who think all is gold in iraq they should be willing to go there and live like a regular person over there be treated like an ordinary person in that country and get a true feel of what oppression really is, as i have stated I DO NOT condone sensless killing are killing of innocent people, but i cannot straddle the fence, in this case i believe the people of iraq need a big brother to rid themselves of a bully.

Life's A Bitch, but I Deal withit!!
Old 03-18-2003, 08:06 AM

divot109, It is an unusual individual who wants war. Most people, especially those who can draw upon experience, prefer to avoid war.
History is replete with examples of wars that could have been avoided, and is also strewn with examples of failed appeasement – one might contrast the behavior of the current British PM with that of a 1930’s predecessor of his. On balance, I think that the world, and by inference the United States of America, will benefit from regime change in Baghdad.
It seems that we now have but a short wait to find out if this point of view is correct.
Old 03-18-2003, 08:20 AM

Divot109,

Iraq has used WMD (chemical and biological) against the Kurds.

War is VERY bad.

Giving this capability to religious fundamentalists is worse.

Fundamentalists come in all brands, just ask Oklahoma City.
Old 03-18-2003, 10:54 AM
Wanting More

I'm with celticangel.

Old 03-18-2003, 10:57 AM
Pixies Prodigal Bard

Send a message via Yahoo to Murphy
War is hell, war is the last resort of all civilized people, but remember this: Without war, there would never have been a United States; Without War, France would now be part of greater Prussia; Without war, Europe would still be goose-stepping to "Deutchland Deutchland Über Alles". There are times when war, as terrible as it is, is necessary in order to prevent even greater horror. I believe this is one of them. This is also one of those times when we, as Americans, must put our political biases aside and show our support for the men and women over there who will, in les than 36 hours, be putting their lives on the line to extend the freedoms we enjoy here to the opressed Kurds and Shiites over there.

The best thing about taking a vacation, is all the heartfelt huggs received upon your return. - Murphy

"The more you love, the more you CAN love. There's no limit to how much you can love - or how many" Lazarus Long in "Time Enough for Love" - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 03-18-2003, 11:34 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Divot:
Whatever your feelings on the impending war, it is not valid to support your position with a wildly inaccurate statement. making such a statement leads one to question your motives in opposing military action.

In the first World War, every major combattant used various forms of poison gas-a true weapon of mass destruction.
In the second world war, Germany used various forms of poison gas to commit the Holocaust against political prisoners, those labeled as ethnic undesirables, and the socially isolated.
In the Iran-Iraq war, teh Iraquis used mustard gas against the Iranians.
Both before and after this war, Mustard gas was used by the Iraquis to murder ethnic Kurds whom the Iraquis decided were ethnicly undesirable.

But apparently, by your use of the word "real" weapon of mass destruction, all this doesn't count.

Bullshit, bullshit, bllshit, bullshit, unmittigated and offensive bullshit.
Old 03-18-2003, 11:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
As many of you know,I hate war,but support what is being done!
Unfortunately,the only thing that Saddam respects,is to be beat!
One thing that will always be in my memory,is going into an enemies,captured camp,and finding the body,of a previously,captured,and wounded G.I.The only place,the outer layer of skin,was left on his body,was on his feet,hands,head&
groin.It was obvious,from the look of horror&pain,on his face,that
the skin wasn't removed after he was dead.War is brutal.The G.I.
provided great entertainment,for the enemy!When you have lived your life in constant misery,you probably don't even think this is
wrong.Try to keep your head right after seeing something like that!For this & other reasons,I support our actions.Ritualistic torture is an everyday occurance there.There are even RAPE rooms,for your family,if you complain about the current Govt. Irish
P.S.I'd tell you more,but I'd have to KILL you!
Sorry,but my way of handling everything is humor!
Old 03-18-2003, 12:48 PM
Banned

I don't support this war. The international community doesn't support this war. Bush never had any interest in diplomacy. I think his actions are going to cause long-term damage to world peace.
Old 03-18-2003, 01:03 PM

Gekkogecko, Do please restrain your replies. Remember what Lilith did the last time someone posted, ah, intemperate comments, in a thread. While divot109 is inaccurate in his historical references, and the use of the nuclear weapons he refers to as being 'a "true" weapon of mass-destruction' reduced - BY TENS OF THOUSANDS - the anticipated casualties - BOTH CIVILIAN AS WELL AS MILITARY - never the less, flaming him will only have the thread censured/deleted yet again. It is by keeping one's composure under pressure that one retains a degree of civilization.
Old 03-18-2003, 01:19 PM
hellsbells's Stallion

Send a message via Yahoo to horseman12
I have to wonder about the frances on interest in all this, they voted FOR resolution 1441 Why? could it be because they have great interest in Iraq and the regime that runs it? could it be that they care nothing about the sensless slaughter that continues thier everyday, the crimes against humanity? all because of the almighty dollar! again No sane person wants war!! but thier are times when force is the only answer, good, bad, are indiffrent, like gekkogecko said earliar if not for the US and others, france, germany and other nations would not enjoy the freedom that they have, this all can be debated and debated with each side having good reasons for feeling the way they do, but in doing so please have all the facts!!

And just a little side note:

If not for france helping the US during the revolutionary war where would we be? In the US

it really goes back to do we want to help a crippled nation be free of blood thirsty tyrant, are should the world sit on its hands and pretend that all is well in our wonderful fantasy world?

I am certain that as one of the worlds superpower leaders our president is not taking this lightly, I truely believe he is making the best decisions with the information he is being given.

And one last thing before i get off my soap box
I personally do not feel this is the place to argue any points For or Against war, to me pixies is a place to come and relax, Not air my political beliefs, or try and force them on anyone else, we all have opinions, but thats what they are OPINIONS!

I truely hope i have not offended anyone with my statements, but when just like others its something i feel strongly about.

now i'm off to try and forget about this

Life's A Bitch, but I Deal withit!!
Old 03-18-2003, 01:26 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
It's war.............politics, ethics morals, religion, safety, security, all wrapped up........everyone has strong feelings. All I ask is to be respectful and tolerant of eachother's views.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas