Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-2004, 11:53 AM

Arrrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!!!

Had an interview for a job today. Not a big thing, really! OK, just this instant it feels like a VERY BIG THING. Mut really, it's just a kind of lateral promotion. But it'd change my focus from the part of the job I like to the part of the job I live for. It'd also sort out the problem about when my bf needs to move back to North America....and when I do on my current contract (quite a bit earlier). It's not the end of my career path, but damn it'd be a sweet way to spend the next year.

So I worked my heart out this last couple weeks. I walked into the interview determined to kick ass and take names. Unusual for me, I walked out feeling like I'd done it. The announcement was supposed to come down this afternoon (you gotta love my world, it may be arbitrary, but at least it's fast). But it's hung up on something. After a long damned afternoon of pretending like I was in ANY shape to get productive work done and steadily convincing myself I'd committed a dozen cardinal sins in the interview, I sent out scouts to find the gossip.

I didn't embarrass myself, apparently. I impressed the hell out of people. Enough so that I rocked the foundations of (insert big booming kettle drum roll) Departmental Politics. My scouts can't tell me everything they know now, but they're trying to make me feel better. Still, stuff isn't settled and I don't know what's going on or IF the news is good or just "not bad yet."

So I'm sitting at my computer, reading Pixies at work (which I NEVER do), playing loud music so everyone knows I'm still here waiting, trying to keep from running down the hallways and screaming! I'm not a patient person . And now it's damned near 6, people are starting to leave for the weekend, I'm losing hope that I'm going to know what's what today, and the idea of an entire weekend of up-in-the-airedness is horrifying me.

Is it totally out of line to plan to spend the next 48 hours anesthitized by margarittas?

So, here's my question. I'm due a weekend of self indulgent hedonism, what ways can I make this time PASS quickly. Jokes, serious suggestions, or just notes to tell me to get over myself are all welcome. Bonus points awarded for lewd comments.

G
Old 08-20-2004, 11:58 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Have you ever masturbated at work????? Bet if you start right now, they come in to tell you, you're hired

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 08-20-2004, 12:01 PM

Yes. Yes I have. Come to that, I've had flat out, full blown sex at work. Lab benches are just simply the PERFECT height .

Definately something to consider...if only I didn't share this office with a passle of other people. I miss having a door with a lock!
Old 08-20-2004, 12:08 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
You coud write a story about a person such as yourself who has to sleep with the interview panel only to find out the job was her's all along

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 08-20-2004, 12:09 PM

Now that's actually a useful idea....hmmm.....(reaches for a word doc.)...
Old 08-20-2004, 12:11 PM
Manwhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
Have you ever masturbated at work????? Bet if you start right now, they come in to tell you, you're hired

I second that motion... but be sure to keep the lab coat on.

And Uhm... Will this help??? Threads to take your mind off things

I recommend Searched at the Airport and 999 Posts...

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 08-20-2004, 12:20 PM
Banned

I heartily agree. I spent a lot of the week prepping for an interview and will have beers to celebrate that it went well.

I hope you hear from the soooooooooooon!
Old 08-20-2004, 12:27 PM

Glad I'm not alone in this.

Shall we have the "tell us the damned results" party at your place or mine, Steph .
Old 08-20-2004, 12:30 PM
Banned

LOL Mine is different . . . I don't expect to hear much for a while but I can totally understand what you're going through!

Poke your spies for more info!
Old 08-21-2004, 01:20 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

^-------- SPY

Or let your spy poke you. That will keep both our minds off of it.... (at least for the wekend )

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 08-22-2004, 04:47 AM

Good idea, PF. Tried alcohol last night. It worked...but now I'm paying. As soon as the aspirin kicks in, I'll give poking a shot .
Old 08-22-2004, 09:23 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Oh nooooooooo! You didn't get word? I was reading all the posts (above) and hoping as I scrolled down...the answer would be there!

Shit! Now I need a marguirita! So happens I have a "bucket" full left over from last weekends party.

Damn Ginger...I'm in your corner for ya! Wish there was more I could do...but each time I take a drink today I'll be thinking of you hun! Best of luck!

Damn those spies! Never can trust double-naught spies!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 08-22-2004, 09:56 AM
Rollercoasters ROCK!!!!!!

i'm on pins an needles...ouch!

now i can't wait either the suspense will get to me and i'd have to march into someones office and demand to know but that's just me...waaayy too pushy lol. i reccomend the island series for reading it's just long enough you might make the weekend with it.

"ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE"

Old 08-22-2004, 10:52 AM

*raises a glass* cheers Lixy . It's absolutely crazy making, but at least it means I'm still in with a chance.

BG, I'll go track 'em down. Something comfy to read sounds just the thing. I finished my book in the bath this morning and I can't seem to get another one started. Thanks for the pointer.

G (hanging in there......)
Old 08-22-2004, 12:01 PM
Banned

That's the attitude!

I love friends who have recently had parties and have leftover food and drinks, too.