Thread: Fatigue?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 05:45 AM
Everybody Stretch!

I have fibromyalgia and if I don't get enough sleep or uninterrupted sleep, I feel much like you've described osuche. Aches, muscle pain, lethargy, uncaring...etc. Excercise is one of the few drug free ways I can battle it. Consequently, I don't want to excercise when I feel like this. The doctors had me on sleeping pills which I couldn't shake in the morning and were very addictive. Then they had me on anti-depressants which, amoung other things, made me really sun sensitive. Then they tried a narcotic pain pill which kept me in a tired state all the time and although I liked being pain free, they were highly addictive as well. So, I stopped them all! Now, to assure I get plenty of correct sleep, I excercise despite how much I don't want to or feel like it. And, in the early evening when I can judge whether I am going to get to sleep in that night...if I feel I won't be able to...I take 1 Tylenol PM around 5-6pm...and I am assured at least 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. I don't do this every night, but just on occasions when I know I won't be able to get to sleep or sleep well. I think UNINTERRUPTED sleep is the key to the self cure of my problem, and it could be a start to yours. IAKG talked about it and it makes sense to me. Maybe you could sign up for a sleep study and find out how well you are or aren't sleeping at night.

I hope you feel better soon and find the advice you seek!

(((((osuche)))))

~Thomas Dewar~