Thread: Foodies
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 06:28 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Foodies

For some it's nourishment, for some it's a chore, but for some of us it's an art form. I love food. I love tasty food and pretty food. I love sweet foods and savory foods. I love fancy foods and down-home foods. I love to cook it. I love to look at it. I especially love to eat it. I even love to read about it. I have spent summers checking out cookbooks at the library. I am a foodie.

I beat myself up all the time about my love affair with food but the truth is it pleases me. It's as sensual an experience as is sex for me. Often I express my feelings with food. If I love you, and you visit me I will spend weeks planning just the right thing to cook for you. Not to impress you but to please you. Am I a culinary submissive?????? If we go out to eat I will try to pick the perfect place, or the perfect dish, or the perfect drink, to express how I feel about our relationship, or my mood, or a point I am trying to make.I love when food is presented beautifully and it tastes as good as it looks.

I'm a big girl and it causes great distress because it inhibits my urges to delve into this art with the gusto that I would if I were not. I wonder how many of you love food. I don't mean just any food, or that you just love to eat. I mean you love the world of culinary delights. That good cheese makes you weep with joy. Or that you actually rate a wing place by the quality of their blue cheese and crudites.

Well this thread is for us. Here we shall revel unashamedly. Pease post recipes, links to restaurants, pics of beautiful presentations, whatever you want to share that is food related. BTW Neige's tea eggs link was what inspired me to really start looking into foodie blogs so when I can't fit out the door blame her.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas