View Single Post
Old 09-09-2002, 04:21 PM
Everybody Stretch!

GermanSteve.........It is and was unbelievable! Shock rocked the world..........I was in a small piece of that world but I knew the extent to which this would travel! TY for sharing hun!

legend........I know the feeling! I watched the entire day from just as tower 2 was hit! I felt disbelief and felt as though I were watching a horrible movie. My mother used to tell of a time when, as a prank (practical joke if you will), she was young and she heard a radio broadcast of aliens landing in the USA. That they were taking over the planet. The nation had no idea for a time that it was a prank. Radio stations across the country were reporting on it. She said the panic was unbelievable! I think it was this radio stations interpretation of the H.G. Wells sci-fi story "War of the Worlds". But I could be wrong. But fear like that is what happened here....for real....on September 11th! TY for sharing your thoughts!

BSB......As I told db...no TY necessary! I had to do it! I had to get it out! And sweety? I know all too well the feeling of the loss of your parents. Mom died in 1982 and dad in 1997. I just know if your mom is rockin with Janis and Jimi....my mom is rockin with Elvis and crooning with Nat King Cole and "Ole Blue Eyes"! She had great taste in music as well! LOL! I asked her once, while I was in bed and saying goodnight to her as I always do, to say hello to Freddie Mercury for me....she would just love the stuffins outta him as I did! TY once again for sharing!

Shar........I know the horror to which you refer! As I said in my poem...."They know not what they do is wrong"......as I am sure they feel justified and satisfied in their practices and beliefs! I have trouble with that thought....as I think of it like this.....If you prick me, do I not bleed? I mean....I have a human heart too! How can our hearts beat so differently.......how can the value of a human life mean so little for a cause that has no way in hell of ever coming to fruition? In all the history books through the ages...including the bible.....violence begat violence....short and simple! When....did violence ever begat one side "finally" seeing the others point of volition and the tables where turned? TY so much for sharing! I'll get off my soapbox now..LOL!

~Thomas Dewar~