Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I have made a life altering desicion. (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20055)

Gilly 04-28-2004 10:51 AM

I have made a life altering desicion.

I must win the lotto. Yes, the lotto. It's my new early retirement plan. Not some measly 1 or 2 million, either, but the whole kit n' caboodle, with about 58 million, or more.

Then, I'll build a HUGE house, hire a full time nanny to help out with the kids, a full time housekeeper/part time cook, and a gardner to make my new yard B.E.A.Youtiful.

I also intend to have one of the really nice pools (undreground) which looks like a natural pond, with waterfalls flowing into it.

Must have everything. -nodnod-

Most of all, or best of all, the nanny can watch the kids when I have to go somewhere.

IAKaraokeGirl 04-28-2004 10:58 AM

I've decided the winning the lottery would take care of any uncertainties looming about my near- and long-term future and the direction my future is headed. Hey, I'm not greedy. I'd just take one of those millions, please.

Gilly 04-28-2004 11:05 AM

-grins- Ok, I wouldn't turn down a million or two, but I'd keep playing for more. ;)

thedog 04-28-2004 12:03 PM

If ever I'd win the lottery, I would rent out the Embassy Suites in Miami (the whole place) and fly all the Pixies in for the W/E.

Nice Guy 04-28-2004 12:26 PM

I would actually be happy with 5 million. Based on a simple 5% growth rate in a standard savings acount I would be generating 250,000 thousand a year. Say I pay half of that to taxes which is by far a lot more then you would. I would still be earning 125,000 a year. I think I could live off of that pretty nicely.

jseal 04-28-2004 12:33 PM

thedog,

OK. I'm pulling for you to win.

Gilly 04-28-2004 12:58 PM

Ok, scratch that idea. I want a government job. They give out credit cards like pez, and monitor them with the security one would give a newborn puppy.

Lilith 04-28-2004 01:46 PM

If I win, I'll pay off my student loans :p

Gilly 04-28-2004 01:53 PM

Ugh, we still have those for hubby, too. Those will be around for -ever- unless we hit it big, or some obscure relative we never knew kicks off, and leaves us a ton of money. :D

englishrose 04-28-2004 03:32 PM

£15 Million would be plenty for me. My dream homes, my dream cars and more importantly never having to work, thus being able to divide my time between living the life of a superstar (lol) and charity work! (no, really!)

wyndhy 04-28-2004 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by thedog
If ever I'd win the lottery, I would rent out the Embassy Suites in Miami (the whole place) and fly all the Pixies in for the W/E.

wow, i'm in. does that include all the toys and lube you can use?

good luck, gilly!!!!

Gilly 04-28-2004 04:22 PM

If I had people to help out around the house, and with the kids, I would love doing charity work. Helping at schools, organizing things... I used to do alot of orginizing for events back in high school, and loved it. Now, I don't have the paitence left over at the end of the day to lift a hand to pull my blanket up. ;)

Gilly 04-28-2004 04:23 PM

oOoOOO, another thing! I want to buy a HUGE plot of land, like 50 acres or more, and build multiple houses on it. One for me, one for each of my close friends, and a few guest houses.

I'd also like to build a shelter for women and children.

kinx 04-28-2004 05:03 PM

$250,000 and I'd walk out on my job forever.

Gilly 04-28-2004 05:28 PM

With the cost of living, 250,000 would last 2-3 years, is all. Ok, depending on what you are used to living on now, I suppose.

You could buy a house and new car outright, for around, or under, 125,000. That leaves 125,000 to cover bills and taxes, so, really, you're looking at more like a year and a half, or two years.

Now, if you rent instead of buying, you will have the money in bulk longer, but you'll wind up paying more. ;)

So, 250k IS a nice number. It's a comfort level number, I think. For us, a family of 5, it would mean that we could buy or build a house, pay off student loans, and get a new car or two, and still have a tiny bit left over to start a savings. But, in no way would it be the kind of money that would allow us the comfort of leaving our jobs forever. Maybe for a week or two to fly to Cancun, though. ;)