Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Canceled TV Shows (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32848)

WildIrish 04-28-2008 08:48 PM

Canceled TV Shows

What show do you still miss? What show were you really upset about when it ended?

I still miss the 4077th. :(

scotzoidman 04-29-2008 12:10 AM

M*A*S*H was among the great ones, but I understood, it was past time to go...hell, the series lasted over 4 times longer than the Korean War itself LOL

Prob'ly more shows overstayed their welcome IMHO than died too young, but one in particular still stands out that pissed me off to no end when it got the ax was a little docu series called Our World, with Linda Ellerbie & the late Ray Gandolf...it's been 20 years since the unlucky 13th episode aired, yet I still have the complete season on VHS. Each episode focused on a day/week/month/season from a year in the (mostly) recent past, usually in the lifetime of us baby boomers, & it's still one of the smartest shows I ever saw on network TV; too smart for its own good, apparently. It was set up against the Cosby Show juggernaut, & while I enjoyed watching the Huxtable clan in their early days (before each episode became a sermon rather than a sitcom), "World" was a nice alternative for the 10% of us that wanted to see something other than what everybody else watched...plus, ABC had to know they couldn't win that time slot, & since a little show produced by their news division cost only a little more than running a test pattern, I thought they could at least give it a little more time...

dicksbro 04-29-2008 05:08 AM

I was always a "Get Smart" fan.

Oldfart 04-29-2008 06:18 AM

Farscape.

1nutworld 04-29-2008 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildIrish
What show do you still miss? What show were you really upset about when it ended?

I still miss the 4077th. :(

Me too, that's why I have purchased the DVD set, and now I can watch it whenever I want....err have time.

1nutworld 04-29-2008 07:13 AM

I miss the great writing and wit of the short-lived series Sports Night.

It was only on for 2 seasons, but great stuff.

Scarecrow 04-29-2008 09:53 AM

The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

A good old spy thriller.

PantyFanatic 04-29-2008 10:30 AM

'Barney Miller' ended too soon. That show always presented a good cross section of our selves, and we know there are a lot more out there. :sad:

scotzoidman 04-29-2008 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nutworld
I miss the great writing and wit of the short-lived series Sports Night.

It was only on for 2 seasons, but great stuff.
That show was created & written by Aaron Sorkin, the same guy behind The West Wing, another show that was too witty to stay on the air for long. He & his partner produced another great show last season, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, that got canceled before it had time to grow (& was worth watching just to look at Amanda Peet :devil: )

GreenChef 04-29-2008 12:09 PM

Hmmm the best?

It might have to be SOAP
I have season's 1 and two on DVD not yet halfway through...
Ridiculously funny each episode better than the last

MASH was great but I think I saw them all

Get smart was Great (movie coming out this summer I think)(but no Don Adams of course :-( )

OF course... Seen every single episode, but would watch them all again (though not buy a box set...)
The Original
To Boldly go where no man has gone before
Star Trek
Dammit Jim !
I fail to see the logic captain
Captain me engines caant take much more of this
The Red shirt guy ( 's gonna die on that planet!)
and or course....
William Shatner's Horrible 'acting'

There were a Ton of Great Canadian comedy shows
Kids in the Hall
SCTV
This hour has 22 minutes
4 on the Floor (featuring captain Canoehead a super crime fighter lol)
others i'm forgetting i'm sure

I never really Saw more than a fraction of a show, but I have always wanted to see
The Prisoner

1nutworld 04-29-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotzoidman
That show was created & written by Aaron Sorkin, the same guy behind The West Wing, another show that was too witty to stay on the air for long. He & his partner produced another great show last season, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, that got canceled before it had time to grow (& was worth watching just to look at Amanda Peet :devil: )

West Wing was the one of the reasons that Sports Night was cancelled. :(

There were other contractual as well as ratings reasons, but unfortunatly, West Wing helped end Sports Night....oh well.

PantyFanatic 04-29-2008 02:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know if this was intended to include religious programs. While the philosophy of the true meaning of life was laid down over 15 years, it wasn't enough for the common man to have full insight.

GreenChef 04-29-2008 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantyFanatic
I don't know if this was intended to include religious programs. While the philosophy of the true meaning of life was laid down over 15 years, it wasn't enough for the common man to have full insight.

Cancelled?

A travesty !

osuche 04-29-2008 06:48 PM

MASH...absolutely.

I'd also put West Wing on the list, and perhaps Seinfeld.

IowaMan 04-29-2008 06:59 PM

Cheers :cheers: