Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   Advice (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Yes--sorry but another anal sex question (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24727)

burnout 04-15-2005 04:02 PM

Yes--sorry but another anal sex question

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered in another topic. My wife and I have done anal a few times and she likes it..somewhat. I think we need a better lubricant. I understand waterbased is safer but can you use oil based (vaseline) as long as there is no condom use? I heard that oil based lube can cause yeast infections and the like. What is the 411 on that? Thanks ahead of time

Jude30 04-15-2005 11:32 PM

Never ever use oil based lubes. The lube can run down into the vagina, and since the vagina isn't self cleaning like the rectum an oil based lube can and most likely will cause a nice infection.

Just get a different water based lube.

TinTennessee 04-16-2005 12:28 AM

Personally, I love Astroglide..it's perfect for anal.

jseal 04-17-2005 08:00 AM

Jude30,

Interesting. I didn't know that. TY.

cherrypie7788 04-17-2005 09:55 AM

Quote:
The lube can run down into the vagina, and since the vagina isn't self cleaning like the rectum an oil based lube can and most likely will cause a nice infection.

Well, as someone who definitely has a vagina :P my gynecologist TOLD me not to douche because the vagina IS self cleaning, just wash the outer bits really well.

But, in any event, I don't know about oil based lubes because I don't use them. Maybe the best thing to do is buy an oil based lube and read the back and SEE what it says about infections. I don't even know of any oil based ones.

Unless you're using gobs and gobs of lube, which would be too much anyway, I don't see the real danger of a large amount getting into her vagina to cause an infection.

Lilith 04-17-2005 11:10 AM

This article was wriiten with lesbians in mind but the advice seems generic enough to help :D http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/3426.html

Jude30 04-17-2005 02:44 PM

It doesn't take a very large amount of an oil to cause an infection, from everything I have ever read. I'd like to know what your Gyn considers "self cleaning", every time you have a BM you getting rid of what's in your rectum, your vagina does not do the same thing. Yes the vagina will take care of it's own chemical balance, and one should never douche, but I wouldn't exactly call it self cleaning. You will also note that I never said the vagina didn't "clean" itself, all I said is that it doesn't do it like the rectum. What the oil will do as Liliths article states is coat the inside of the vagina not allowing it to expell the bad bacteria, etc as it usuall does.

I also have never seen mention on any container of Vaseline, or baby oil a mention of infection since most companies don't seem to recognise that someone would even want to place it in or near their vagina.

At the risk of sounding like an ass, why would you suggest something counter to EVERYTHING ever written about having anal sex, and suggest he use an oil based lube, when you can't even name one yourself?

cherrypie7788 04-17-2005 05:05 PM

Assuming "oil based lube" means lube specifically DESIGNED FOR SEX, I suggested that he buy some and read the warnings. I don't know anything about oil based lube because I have never used it. I'm not suggesting anything counter to "everything" ever written about anal sex :rolleyes2 If it was wrong of me to suggest he read the package itself, excuse me. I stand corrected.

Nothing in my previous post says that he should use the lube necessarily. I said that I cant see how an oil based lube in her ass would cause an infection in her vagina unless he's using TOO MUCH of the stuff.

At the risk of sounding like an ass, perhaps you should read my post again a little more closely.

Now, as for the vagina being self-cleaning, you obviously should have done a little research before making the statement that it is not. I suppose my GYN, who has spent more time in school learning about my anatomy than I can imagine, is wrong too.

See articles below:

GayHealth: Private Parts
(The vaginal walls are continually producing secretions necessary to provide lubrication, to cleanse the vagina, and to maintain the proper acidity to prevent infection. The vagina is a naturally self-cleaning body part, so douching isn’t necessary to keep the vagina clean)
Somazone > Fact Sheets > Sexual Health > Vagina Info
(All girls have discharge from their vagina, which is completely healthy and normal. The vagina has its own self-cleaning mechanism. The discharge flushes dead cells from the vaginal lining as well as lubricates the vagina.)

If you aren't satisfied, do your own search.

Jude30 04-17-2005 05:33 PM

Quote:
It doesn't take a very large amount of an oil to cause an infection, from everything I have ever read. I'd like to know what your Gyn considers "self cleaning", every time you have a BM you getting rid of what's in your rectum, your vagina does not do the same thing. Yes the vagina will take care of it's own chemical balance, and one should never douche, but I wouldn't exactly call it self cleaning. You will also note that I never said the vagina didn't "clean" itself, all I said is that it doesn't do it like the rectum. What the oil will do as Liliths article states is coat the inside of the vagina not allowing it to expell the bad bacteria, etc as it usuall does.

You should talk about reading someones posts more carefully.

There is no such thing as far as I have found as an oil based lubes designed for sex, since oil based lubes tend to disolve latex on contact.

Now as for you not seeing how it could be harmfull, I guess all the people who have written books and articles on how to have safe anal sex and say not to ever use an oil based lubricant could be wrong.

d5254t 04-17-2005 07:07 PM

not that I typically like to get into peoples arguments but as that not all lubes take it into concideration that people all over the place use condoms at all times there are actually lubes that are oil based and I will take it upon myself to name at least one and if you want more I will be glad to pull a few more off the internet that wonderful vast place full of information just waiting for someone to look into it and gather the information so people dont have to argue about it.
PS: I Just typed in Oil based lube in my internet search engine....

Wet Classic Oil Based Lubricant 4oz, formerly known as Wet Original Oil Based J/O Oil 4 oz. Wet jo oil, Oil Based lubricant 4 oz NOT FOR USE WITH CONDOMS. Contains mineral oil and vitamin E. For those who prefer an Oil Based Lubricant try Wet’s Oil Based made of extra thick pure mineral oil and vitamin E. This formula stays moist longer than any water based formula and is the perfect J/O tool! Never use with latex.
gue.... but Wet makes an oli based lube

maddy 04-17-2005 07:17 PM

burnout... I pulled an article off of a sextoy website that I prefer regarding various types of lubricants... They make mention of petroleum based (vaseline) and oil based ... but do not sell either of these products.

Slippery Sex

wyndhy 04-17-2005 08:43 PM

personally speaking, i wouldn't use any oil-based stuff in my vagina but i have (and would again) used 'em for anal and i've never had a problem, not once.

*psssst* i am not a doctor...i only play one on tv...... and i in no way shape or form accept any responsiblity for any infections you may incur :p :D (although if there is an infection it would most likely not kill you or her)

now sign here~~~~>________________

and initial here~~~>_____and here~~~>____and here~~~>____

and date stamp here~~~>________

and notary stamp here~~~>____________

pinky swear!

:D
just do some research and have fun!

bugaboo 04-17-2005 10:44 PM

KY Jelly! Its not just medical use anymore!

burnout 04-18-2005 11:02 AM

Thank you all. I will have to shop around. Knowing my wife, she will want to play it safe and go for the waterbased. Will look for a better brand though. Thx.