Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Mommy Dearest (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13593)

Lilith 05-09-2003 03:05 PM

Mommy Dearest

In the States, it's Mother's Day Sunday.....I am stumped on what to do this year.

What will you lovies be doing for the special women in your lives?

skipthisone 05-09-2003 03:28 PM

It just becomes my day to clean out the kids cages... she just rests.

LixyChick 05-09-2003 03:34 PM

My mom is gone but I have two mother's-in-law to help fill the gap!

We are taking hubbies mother to a brunch and got her the sweetest collectable teddy she ever laid her eyes on...(she collects teddy bears).

His step-mom is getting a card with an I.O.U (which I promise she will understand as she wouldn't want to spend a day with hubbies mother) to a day of pampering and love when she next visits!

The happiest of Mother's Day to all the sexy moms here!

Scarlett 05-09-2003 04:40 PM

I got my Mom the Perfect Pasta Pot...you know, the one with the holes in the lid? She mentioned wanting one. I am also taking her out to dinner.
I won't get a break this year, hubby will be out of town :(

Loulabelle 05-10-2003 11:43 AM

As you may be aware Mother's Day for us happened a few weeks ago:

I have absolutely no money so I had to think of something cost effective and thoughtful. I did traditional 'afternoon tea' for her, my aunt, uncle and grandma. It saved them cooking and we had sandwiches with the crusts cut off, quiche, cake, trifle, scones with jam and whipped cream and jam tarts all home made by me.

It was really nice and didn't cost much at all. I also bought her a token present of some books on watercolour painting, as she has some paints that she's barely used.

I know you say you don't bake Lil but just think how impressed she'd be if you made an exception just for her........plus the kids could help decorate the cake! :D

BigBear57 05-10-2003 12:55 PM

Well I'm gonna call Mom and do her a favor by not visiting this year. I've had some kind of broncial thing going on and it's apparently contageous so I'll just wait till I'm all better and take her out to dine when we can both enjoy it.

Lilith 05-10-2003 01:38 PM

Lou~ My mom is not 7 hours away:( so she will be spared any of my baking attempts. I made her a bracelet and earring set. Now I just have to figure out what to do for my mum-in-law.

fzzy 05-10-2003 03:37 PM

With 6 kids and 2 step kids .... my mom has more than she can ever use and tries to keep everything given her on display, so other than Christmas we try not to give her anything that she would feel obligated to put on display!!!! So for a couple of years I sent her flowers (either cut or in a pot).....this year my finances don't extend to such luxuries..... but since I live about a 10 hour drive away from her and don't often get to see her and as mentioned above, she has many children (all been adults for many years) I make sure she gets a phone call from me every week so she doesn't have to pay the long distance charges for our talks ......

but here's something special my brother and his wife did this year, my stepfather (Pete) died in September, he and my mom were married 27+ years and they were still deeply in love .... my sis-in-law has a patient who is an artist and so in a trade for her services, they had him paint a good sized portrait of Pete and gave it to her .... she is overwhelmed with this gift .... I think that was very special of them so I'm mentioning that.

jennaflower 05-10-2003 04:14 PM

In addition to it being Mother's Day.. it is also my Grandmothers 78th birthday... so my son and I along with my folks will spend the evening with her.. :)

2-4-tea 05-10-2003 04:15 PM

well for mrs 2 4 tea I will make her breakfast in bed with all th e kids and I have purchased a nice gift for her that she will be happy with I hope. My Mom is the HARDEST person to buy for this year I got her some slippers and a bottle of Sharlimar purfume

Summer 05-12-2003 03:24 PM

For Mother's Day I drove to Macon, GA and met my mother at a hotel. We stayed the weekend together, just the two of us. Her husband stayed home and mine stayed home with the kids. On Sunday we went to Juliet (sp?), Ga and ate Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe. ((((where they filmed the movie with Kathy Bates ~ Fried Green Tomatoes)))) It was definitely fun. My Mother was thrilled because that is one of her all time favorite movies. "TO WANDA!" she cries. hehe ;)