Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sister Friends (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24695)

Lilith 04-12-2005 06:52 PM

Sister Friends

Subject: for little girls who grew up in the 70s...

You wore a rainbow shirt that was half-sleeves, and the rainbow went up one sleeve, across your chest, and down the other.

You made baby chocolate cakes in your Easy Bake Oven and washed them down with snow cones from your Snoopy Snow Cone Machine.

You had that Fisher Price Doctor's Kit with a stethoscope that actually worked.

You owned a bicycle with a banana seat and a plastic basket with flowers on it.

You learned to skate with actual skates (not roller blades) that had metal wheels.

You thought Gopher from Love Boat was cute (admit it!) You had nightmares after watching Fantasy Island.

You had rubber boots for rainy days and Moon boots for snowy days.

You had either a "bowl cut" or! "pixie," not to mention the "Dorothy Hamil" because your Mom was sick of braiding your hair.My mom's favorite title was a "short shag".

Your Holly Hobbie sleeping bag was your most prized possession.

You wore a poncho, gauchos, and knickers.

You begged Santa for the electronic game, Simon. You had the Donnie and Marie dolls with those pink and purple satiny shredded outfits.

You spent hours in your backyard on your metal swing set with the trapeze. The swing set tipped over at least once.

You had homemade ribbon barrettes in every imaginable color.

You had a pair of Doctor Scholl's sandals (the ones with hard sole & the buckle). You also had a pair of salt-water sandals.

You wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder really bad; you wore that Little House on the Prairie-inspired plaid, ruffle shirt with the high neck in at least one school picture; and you despised Nellie Olson!

You wanted your first kiss to be at a roller rink.

Your hairstyle was described as having "wings" or "feathers" and you kept it "pretty" with the comb you kept in your back pocket.

You know who Strawberry Shortcake is, as well as her friends, Blueberry Muffin and Huckleberry Pie.

You carried a Muppets lunch box to school and it was metal, not plastic.

You and your girlfriends would fight over which of the Dukes of Hazzard was your boyfriend.

Every now and then "It's a Hard Knock Life" from the movie "Annie" will pop into your brain and you can't stop singing it the whole day.

YOU had Star Wars action figures, too!

It was a big event in your household each year when the "Wizard of Oz" would come on TV. Your mom would break out the popcorn and sleeping bags!

You often asked your Magic-8 ball the question: "Who will I marry. Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garrett, or Rick Springfield?"

You completely wore out your Grease, Saturday Night Fever, and
Famesoundtrack record albums.

You tried to do lots of arts and crafts, like yarn and Popsicle-stick God's eyes, decoupage, or those weird potholders made on a plastic loom. Pot holders - I believe they were called "loom loopers".

You made Shrinky-Dinks and put iron-on kittens on your t-shirts!

You used to tape record songs off the radio by holding your portable tape player up to the speaker.

You couldn't wait to get the free animal poster that came when you ordered books from the Weekly Reader book club. Double score if it was a teddy bear dressed in clothing.

You learned everything you needed to know about girl issues from Judy Blume books.

You thought Olivia Newton John's song "Physical" was about aerobics.

You wore friendship pins on your tennis shoes, or shoelaces with heart or rainbow designs.

You wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer.

You had a Big Wheel with a brake on the side, and a Sit-n-Spin.

You had subscriptions to Dynamite and Tiger Beat.You spent all your allowance on smurfs and stickers for your sticker album!

IAKaraokeGirl 04-12-2005 07:47 PM

You know it, sister friend. :)

Cheyanne 04-12-2005 08:20 PM

Ahhhhh.. the good old days.. :D (I was gonna marry Rick Springfield btw)

cherrypie7788 04-12-2005 08:32 PM

That's cute :D Even though I wasn't around then.

maddy 04-12-2005 09:12 PM

I was born in the mid 70's ... but sooooo many of things apply to my youth. I've only ever seen the child of the 80's list before... thanks for sharing it sister friend :)

maddy 04-12-2005 09:13 PM

btw, my first roller skates were the metal adjustable sort that you wore over your shoes.. I know the sole of them were metal but I don't recall if the wheels were as well.

sodaklostsoul 04-13-2005 12:04 AM

I used to watch Bay City Rollers on sat mornings too!!! :D

lizzardbits 04-13-2005 12:21 AM

I was born in 1976, but A LOT of those applied to me too! Fridays of my youth were the best days, that ment PE day, Chocolate milk, and I got to see Bo Duke on the Dukes of Hazzard. I had many a daydream about marrying him some day. My bedroom looked like some one had puked Strawberry Shortcake all over and i had a bazillion of the scented figurines and dolls.

Oh and i remember my brother putting his Ghetto-Blaster in front of the TV to record one of the "star Wars" movies that was on. We had to be very quiet. but we got to listen to it on long trips. That was back when i could lay across the back window in the family car, and my brother had the back seat and my younger brother was stuck laying on the floor. Seat Belts? We don't need no stinking seat belts!

lmao this was great, Thank ya Sistah!

Lilith 04-13-2005 06:21 AM

We used to put a mattress in the back of the station wagon to sleep on long trips.

Pita 04-13-2005 07:54 AM

So many memories that brought back.

My sister and I had a complete Hollie Hobby room.

My mother did one day lose her mind and cut our hair off into a "short shag" :rolleyes2

I loved my Doctor Scholl's sandals :love:

Oh and I was going to become Laura Ingalls and marry Shaun Cassidy.

:hippy:

wyndhy 04-13-2005 09:40 AM

:grin:
i had donnie and marie dolls AND the bionic man and woman dolls with their neato-spadeet-o house :p

and now hard nknock life is gonna be stuck in my head allllll day. :D

Freya 04-13-2005 11:21 AM

Oh yes - many, many memories there. :)

wrestlemark 04-14-2005 09:36 AM

hey some guy memories her too.....

loved reading that lil thanks i hung with some girls ....... (played post office too :lust: ) back then lots of things rang some bells did you write that? it should be in print i really enjoyed it ...ok ,taking my head out of your
ass now...not that that would be bad!!! .... :slurp: :d:

come on world theres a song that were singin......and heres a story of a man named brady....... theres a lot to be said for laurie and braces and of course jan and marsha ;) :wave: :hug:

Lilith 04-14-2005 11:00 AM

Nah I didn't write that! But while your heads there :D

wyndhy 04-14-2005 11:23 AM

night john boy :p