Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Pixies Flirt

Send a message via AIM to 1nutworld
I'd like some help......

But I'm not sure if it's advice I need or a good swift kick in the ass.

This is about a Diet/exercise plan to lose the 20+ lbs that are hanging over my belt but below my chest. IT'S gotta GO!!!

First, I've never been good at keeping on an exercise plan, 2nd I hate doing sit-ups and things like that. I hated it when we had to do it in high school and hated it still when I was in the Navy. Back then it wasn't THAT much of a problem.......

Now that I'm no longer 28, I look terrible.

First what kind of diet should I try and get on.........and 2ndly when I do my situps, crunches whatever........do I need to have the weight off first before doing them.

Won't doing the exercise part of situp's and crunches just build up the muscle under the fat??

I just don't know. Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions? Is anyone else attempting to fight with this problem as well?

Thanks, I appreciate it.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Leo was right

Well, I'm in the opposite boat Admiral Nutworld. I need to gain weight. I'm not sure though that any "diet" truly will work unless you've dedicated yourself to the exercise part as well. I know that you already knew that though.

As far as sit-ups and crunches go, make sure you are careful because you don't want to screw up your back. Ease into it, don't go balls out the first night.

As simple as it sounds, I think maybe the best way to go about it is to count your calories and go with lots of fruits and veggies. But I'm sure there are others here who can give you much better advice on it than me.

I just really wanted to call you Admiral Nutworld.

No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever. ~~ Francois Mocuriac

Confucius say, "He who masturbate into cash register come into money."

An optimist looks at the glass and says it's half full. A pessimist looks at the glass and says it's half empty. A Cubs fan looks at the glass and says, "When's it gonna spill?"

Deus Impetitio Esuritori Nullus
Old 05-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Pixies Flirt

Send a message via AIM to 1nutworld
LOL. I've gotten that nickname before since my fantasy baseball team is the "Admirals".
Old 05-06-2007, 09:38 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nutworld
..... hated it still when I was in the Navy. Back then it wasn't THAT much of a problem........

Now you know why.

Re-enlist

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 05-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Tells it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantyFanatic
Now you know why.

Re-enlist

Ya join the Marines this time

Live Life, hearses don't come with luggage racks.
The second mouse always gets the cheese
Old 05-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Tells it all

The thing I've found is when you go on something you always get off. which is true with dieting. Don't try and take the weight off all at once because if you do it's sure to come back just as fast. (I'm sure you didn't put all the weight on overnight.) Just try eating heathier, drink some water before your meals and then just because. as for doing all that exercise stuff try starting with a walk around the block. Lifestyle changes are the best way.
Good Luck

MMMMMMMMMMMMM Chocolate Cake (Homer Simpson)

Live Life, hearses don't come with luggage racks.
The second mouse always gets the cheese
Old 05-07-2007, 04:46 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Six small sensible meals a day...because when you "diet" and deprive your body it thinks it's starving and will store fat to prevent it.

Keep your calories in the 2000 to 2500 mark and cut way down on fat, carbs and sodium.

Exercise will build muscle as well as burning fat. Muscle weighs more than fat so you'll reach a plateau at some point and this is usually when people give up thinking they've lost all they are going to lose. This is actually when you should step up the workout and keep eating those six small sensible meals.

Drink PLENTY of water so you can sweat like crazy without dehydration.

Walking...up and down hills...is a wonderful exercise to burn calories. Swimming is great as well. To build muscle you must have resistance. Weights build muscle. Crunches, as opposed to full blown sit ups, can be easier and have the same end result.

The key is to NOT starve yourself but to change the things you eat so that the calories you do ingest work for you and not against you! A car needs fuel to go. We are machines in a sense. We need fuel in order to go as well!

Oh...and grapefruit is an awesome diet food. Low carb, low fat, low sodium soup (organic vegetable, for example)
before a main meal can help cut down on consuming too much more thereafter. Water can give you a sense of fullness as well.

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 05-07-2007, 05:54 AM
~getting by~

Sorry Lixy, you've caused me to get up on my diet soapbox.

One pound of fat weighs exactly the same as one pound of muscle. The difference is in volume. One pound of fat will take up considerably more volume than one pound of muscle.

I'm also not a huge believer in the exercise for weightloss. To lose one pound you must get rid of 3500 calories, somehow. The most I've burned in a strenuous workout is about 600 calories. Don't trust the readouts on gym equipment they are grossly wrong. Exercise will help to tone and reshape your body as you lose weight.

If you are looking to tone up in the midsection I recommend googling "core exercise" - there is so much more than just straight crunches that will work the midsection.

No one has mentioned water yet, make sure to drink no less than 48 oz of the good pure and clear stuff. Nothing added to it, just plain old water.

A website that I've found that seems to have a good diet plan, calorie counter, and a plethora of information is www.sparkpeople.com

Do make sure to increase your intake of vegetables and fruit. Try to stay away from the starchy vegetables. Also foods higher in fiber will digest more slowly and help stave off the hunger longer. Make sure to keep some fat in your diet, it's essential to digestion as well as the ingestion of certain vitamins. But try to stick to healthy oils - olive, sunflower, canola.