Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-17-2004, 12:01 PM
ThePower of Chinese Woman

Ladies and Gentlemen - Come on in

hehehe this topic not relate to sex but is relate to Skin care

i just want to know what type of skin care are you using right now?

can you list them out all of them?

list out all the stuff you use for your skin. Dare to share with me?

thanks

since this is my post, So I go first this is my list

Here I list all the skin care products that I used daily.

Night time Routine:

Step 1:

Cetaphil Gentle skin cleanser - Wash my face with a mild cleanser.

Step 2:

Final Touch Toner from "Paula Choice" - To get rid of the last traces of makeup if I have on. I switch this toner from H20plus Marin toner to Palua's Choice Final Touch Toner, coz I try to stay away from any fragrance as possible. I used to use H20Plus, but later on I realize that I want to stay stay away from fragrance as much as possible.

Step 3:

Stieva-A cream 0.01%(Tretinoin as Vitamin A acid) - To unclog pore(exfoliating)prevent black and white head as much as possible and speed up the skin cells to turn over faster. so the skin look clear and smooth. This is an anti-aging product also as an anti-black and white head product.

Step 4: (Optional)

I put 3% Erythrmycine in Dormer 211 lotion - this is a light lotion with antibiotic.

Or

if some spot of my face too dry then I put on Cetaphil lotion only on the spot.

Step 5:

Then I put Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Moisture Gel with a concentration of antioxidants around my eyes.

Then I go to sleep.

Morning Routine:

Step 1:

Cetaphil Gentle skin cleanser - Wash my face with a mild cleanser.

Step 2:

Paula's Choice 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid Lotion with antioxidants - I put this light lotion with 2% BHA on my face, to unclog the pore(exfoliating ) prevent black and white head as much as possible. so the skin look clear and smooth.

Step 3:

Then I put Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Moisture Gel with a concentration of antioxidants around my eyes.

Step 4:

Sunscreen: I put Oil of Olay UV protection SPF 15 during winter time, SPF 30 in summer time. Or I can put on Relvon Colour Stay SPF 15 foundation if i want to wear make up.

So these are my skin care routine
In other countries like Far East Asia women are still held in LOWER esteem BUT in China, it’s a different story. Chinese women are much more aggressive and outspoken and held in Higher esteem.” I love Communist that provides males and females Equality and WOMEN’S Rights in China.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:09 PM
Prince of Pervs

I stick my body under the shower head once in a while. It seems to get rid of the dirt

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

Sarcasm: It's not big and it's not clever...........but it's funny as fuck!

The Special One!
Old 02-17-2004, 12:13 PM

FussyPucker

that is it?
In other countries like Far East Asia women are still held in LOWER esteem BUT in China, it’s a different story. Chinese women are much more aggressive and outspoken and held in Higher esteem.” I love Communist that provides males and females Equality and WOMEN’S Rights in China.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:18 PM
Prince of Pervs

Well OK I might rub a bit of shower gel over my nakedness while I'm in the shower but yup that's it. I don't see much point in spending a fortune on creams n stuff.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

The Special One!
Old 02-17-2004, 12:21 PM

but my skin care product won't cost you a fortune. expensive skin care product doesn't mean better.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:21 PM
Banned

Wow, CP. Half your day must be spent applying product!

I use ProActive once in a while and love using Body Shop cocoa butter after I shower.

I use Estee Lauder make-up remover.

I'm pretty low maintenance, really (though nobody will beat FP, I'm guessing!).
Old 02-17-2004, 12:24 PM

hehee i love taking care of my face
Old 02-17-2004, 12:28 PM
Prince of Pervs

Yup no time wasted and I still have lovely soft skin......... you'll have to ask loulabelle just how soft that is.....unless you want to help me with the showergel part!

CP - you're right about expensive doesn't always mean better, although add up the cost of all your preperations and I bet it comes to a small fortune compared to my bottle of shower gel!!

The Special One!
Old 02-17-2004, 12:32 PM
Mrs FussyPucker

Ahem - FussyPucker, may I remind you that I bought you a tub of moisturiser this weekend, as you're suffering from dry skin on your face a little bit right now..........hehehehe.....busted!

I use anything from LUSH and swear by using a facial brush and regular face packs - I use moisturiser when I need it, but not every day, as my skin doesn't react well to having lots of products on it.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 02-17-2004, 12:34 PM
Prince of Pervs

oh yeah I forgot about that.......although I've not used it and I didn't pay for it so it doesn't count :P

The Special One!
Old 02-17-2004, 12:36 PM

What About Anti-Wrinkle Products?

by Paula Begoun

Do anti-wrinkle products really work? Read an excerpt from Don’t Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me by Paula Begoun and find out the truth.

The bad new is that there are no skin-care products that get rid of wrinkles. I know the onslaught of claims the cosmetics industry asserts is overwhelming and convincing, but there is no reliable or published research showing any of it to be true. Or at least not the way we hope these products would work, and there is definitely nothing in the world of cosmetics that will do the job, especially when compared to the types of medical procedures performed by cosmetic surgeons or dermatologists. The good news is that there is a good deal of research showing a noticeable improvement with certain topical treatments that aren’t medical procedures. Just don’t expert miracles and don’t get seduced by the endless frivolous promises flaunted for skin-care products.

One of the fundamental characteristics of sun damage is that the outer layer of the skin becomes thickened and yellow, while the underlying layer, where new skin cells are produced, becomes damaged, generating abnormal cell growth and hypermelanin production. The abnormal cell growth also results in malformed elastin, collagen deterioration, and distorted circulation of the blood and lymph systems. Regular use of sunscreen can slow this damage, allow for some improvement, and prevent further destruction. Topical tretinoin has been shown to partially reverse the clinical and histological (structural) changes induced by the combination of sunlight exposure and chronological aging. A formulation of tretinoin (as in Renova, Avita, Tazorac, or a generic tretinoin product) has been extensively investigated in multicenter, double-blind trials and has been shown to produce significant improvement with four to six months of daily use, when compared with application of the vehicle alone, as part of a regimen including sun protection and moisturizer use (Sources: Cosmetic Dermatology, December 2001, page 38; Journal of Investigative Dermatology, 2001 volume 111, pages 778-784; Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, October 2001, pages 613-618; Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, 659; and Photochemistry and Photobiology, February 1999, pages 154-157).

Alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) have also been widely used for therapy of photodamaged skin, and these compounds have been reported to normalize hyperkeratinization (over thickened skin) and to increase viable epidermal thickness and dermal glycosaminoglycans content. To sum this up, recent work has substantially described how the aging process affects the skin and has demonstrated that many of the unwanted changes can be improved by topical therapy (Sources: Cutis, August 2001, pages 135-142; Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, July 2000, pages 280-284; American Journal of Clinical Dermatology, March-April 2000, pages 81-88; Skin Pharmacology and Applied Skin Physiology, May-June 1999, pages 111-119; Journal of Cell Physiology, October 1999, pages 14-23; and British Journal of Dermatology, December 1996, pages 867-875).

There is every reason to consider using a combination of sunscreen (SPF 15 or greater with the UVA-protecting ingredients of avobenzone, titanium dioxide, and/or zinc oxide), topical tretinoin, and an AHA lotion, gel, or moisturizer as an effective approach for combating wrinkles. A wealth of research points to these as truly being as basic as it gets for your skin when it comes to battling wrinkles. From there, if you want to you can add a good moisturizer with potent antioxidants, which can also help, but exactly how much they help is yet to be established.

Source: Don’t Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me. Paula Begoun. Published by Beginner Press. Copyright © 2003. Reprinted with permission of the publisher.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:45 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Grumble
I being male am in the Fussy style of skin care

I do use Nivea for Men fresh cooling balm aftershave
Old 02-17-2004, 06:56 PM
Loungin' Around

1. Oil of Olay anti-aging shower cleanser
2. Avon make-up remover when I need it (haven't used makeup since Saturday)
3. If it's "that time of the month" and I have acne, then I rub my face with rubbing alcohol before bed

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 02-17-2004, 07:43 PM
Just me.

Used a little Vitamin E on some of the scar tissue after surgery as recommended by the doctor. Other than that ... soap, water, shaving cream and after shave and deodorant.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:56 PM
<----Snappin' Pussy

I'm female and must add that Fussy routine is mine too

Shower and gel...yep

No time for all the other mumbo jumbo

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!