No Pets 2 8.33%
inoperable pets 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2004, 11:52 PM
Starry-eyed Pixie

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaKyttn
Shameless plug

look at some of the sweet faces that turn up in rescue and at animal shelters daily. all these animals have been in rescue a year or all their lives. and these are just the ones in my self-operated home based operation. Any Pixies in Tn Ga Ms or Fl want to submit an application?

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?ac...=AL10&preview=1
Old 02-10-2004, 04:04 AM
Prince of Pervs

awwwwwwwwwwww cute overload!!! I would take every homeless dog in if I could.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

Sarcasm: It's not big and it's not clever...........but it's funny as fuck!

The Special One!
Old 02-10-2004, 04:13 AM

I believe that all animals (particularly dogs and cats) MUST be fixed to prevent the birth of unwanted animals. Responsible people turn them into rehoming charities but some people inhumanely kill the unwanted young.

Our cats are fixed, however my guppies cannot be stopped.

The only animals which should be kept unaltered are those which are being used in responsible (mainly pedigree) breeders homes.

Kitty
Old 02-10-2004, 04:39 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Grumble
True sex kitten, it is responsible to have them fixed so we have less homeless animals.

I have had all my pets fixed and even had the big V myself in sympathy LOL
Old 02-10-2004, 06:06 AM
Everybody Stretch!

I can't open the link BamaKyttn!

Not because it won't open......but because my heart bleeds for these animals and I want to take them all!

I have a cat....and he is neutered....and I can't take in anymore animals until he is no longer with us because he is so mean he'll hurt them (and himself in the process, I am sure). When he is gone....I'll have a menagerie!

P.S. You'd think our cat would be more grateful.....as we got him from the A.S.P.C.A. and he was on "death row"! We've had him for 16+ years now.

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 02-10-2004, 07:03 AM
Loungin' Around

I love my little kitty, and she is spayed

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 02-10-2004, 08:06 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Our fish are kinda hard to neuter....but then again, I've not heard anyone in our neighbourhood complaining of stray guppies roaming the streets!

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 02-10-2004, 02:10 PM
Manwhore

Quote:
Originally posted by Loulabelle
Our fish are kinda hard to neuter....but then again, I've not heard anyone in our neighbourhood complaining of stray guppies roaming the streets!

There used to be complaints of that in my Mom's neighborhood, but that hasn't been an issue for a while now...

btw Lixy, We DO have a menagerie at our house!

And all our pets are 'fixed'.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 02-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Mrs FussyPucker

Hehehe - I bet

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 02-10-2004, 07:18 PM
Starry-eyed Pixie

I love my pets but I must say the cats are the most aggravating, but I also know they are the least adoptable. in our local shelter they put down over 1,000 cats and only 3 dogs and the dogs were due to aggression problems, not that they weren't adopted. of the 19 cats we have in the house (I don't believe in outside cats as they have this horrid tendancy to turn into road pizza or get injured by roaming wildlife) only 4 of them are mine
12 of them are permanant residents(one of mine is up for adoption...... his name is Irish.....).

As for the dogs we turn away more potential adopters than we adopt out because some people just don't have the right lifestyle to take in a dog who has issues like these have. Such as Chrhistian my 80 LBs poodle. he is 10 years old and shreds anything fluffy stuffed animals,underwear, he loves body pillows and can climb a 6 foot fence. or Jasper the catahoula mix who is very nervous and runs at the sight of a 9 mm. he is also a digger..... then there are some whop just don't read where it says ONE STATE RADIUS from alabama and call or e-mail from Maine or Cali and we have to say here are your contacts for your area, try to get a local rescue dog first.

Always,
Kyttn
Old 02-11-2004, 12:12 PM
~~Kinky Bitch~~

Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1979
i need a yes to both one , yes i spayed my cat, but no i wont fix my dog , he will be pimped out as soon as he is of age. we spent to much on him not to let him earn his keep the fun way! hes also beautiful well tempered from a great pedigree and show spec on everything soooooooooooooo no i will not get him fixed, and this fall i will be getting a female for him to mate w , he is the start of my breeding career i hope to one day live on 40 acres w severl dogs that i breed. but i do think that if u have no intentions of breeding ur animals responsibly that u shud fix them .

i voted no bc of him

~nikki
Old 02-11-2004, 01:09 PM
Starry-eyed Pixie

Nikki before you breed I must say that you should see if your dog measures up to what the breed standard says. I breed almost once every eight or so years, and then only champion to champion. all of my dogs that are bred are in a 6 generation pedigree completely championed. I'm sure everyone has a dog or cat they think is wonderful but rememebr there are dogs in rescue and shelters everywhere just like that that no one will take. I suggets you talk to a local breeder of your breed who does show and ask them to mentor you. Before you stud a dog out you should make sure the bitch is tested for brucillosis(which can cost you the stud fee and make your stud unable to be bred because if he gets it from an infected bitch then ever bitch he breeds will abort.) You need to test him and make sure he is free from genetic diseases such as but not limited to Hip Dysplasia, Luxating patella, Eye anomalies, thyroid conditions, there is a huge array of diseases that dogs are host to and always try to breed away from them, look at it as slightly playing god, you can insure that the next generation doesn't hurt. you have to be certain that you want to take on responsibility of putting 8-10 new warm bodies in the world that may not be warm past age 2.

a site on breeding

http://www.dogocanario.org/breeding.htm

Every dog is entitled to a loving home but not every dog is entitled to a piece of ass.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:46 PM
~~Kinky Bitch~~

BamaKyttn he is 100% breed standard and i have a pedagree 4 or 5 yrs back cant remember w out opening the file i bought him froma local breeder and his parents and granparents and great granparents are all champions
so ya ive researched it lol hehehehehe he was purchased bc i not only wanted a dog but i wanted a stud
~nikki
Old 02-11-2004, 09:18 PM
Starry-eyed Pixie

Do you plan on showing him, just b/c he's champion produced doesn't mean he's ch quality. as I said, more is judged than personality, theres gait, stack, structure, bite, is he physically and mentally able to perform the job the breed was meant to do? My dogs are herding breeds so they must have a herding cert as well as a ch and a competition title (agility, flyball, obed, Rally-o) but of course I'm breeding all around dogs....

In addition to that I have hips, eyes, and elbows checked on my dogs because the degenerative hip disease is so bad in my breed, though most breeds have it occuring somehwere. By the time I do my health checks and get my titles I don't even come close to breaking even with a litter of puppies even at selling them $300 - 400 but dog breeding should not be a money makeing scheme. I do it for love and stewardship of the breed, because I feel that my dog has a generous contribution to make to the gene pool.

Another thing a good breeder does is take rescues of their breed because sometimes people really don't need that cute fluffy puppy that is going to be eating their couch in two months. I talk more people out of buying my breed than I sell to because some people just see that "cute blue dog, with no tail, it just looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!" and don't know that this a a breed used to herd sheep and cattle in the basque regions, they need EXCERCISE not room to run but someone to run with them. ( I also don't believe in yard dogs but that's a dog of a different size.!)

Always
Kyttn
Old 02-12-2004, 06:29 AM
~~Kinky Bitch~~

BamaKyttn yes ive researched his breed , i did it before i spent $700 on him. and right now at 8 mos he has the gate he has the head size and he has all that jazz. it has been a goal of mine for a long time to have 40 acres and 8 dogs to breed and i wud never venture in to that untill i knew what i was doing, true i still have a lot to learn but every day i learn more and i still have awhile to learn considering he is not of age to breed yet. as soon as i find an agility program around this shit hole i live in ill bring him ther but so far as i knoew the closet is an hours drive and im not drivin 2 hrs a few times a week when i have to take my girl along w me . i understand ur concerns on breeding and i have them to but my dog IS breeding standard and i get kinda defensive when ppl tell me i dont know what im doing when i have spent so much time and money on him. yes he is "soooooooooooooooo cute" all yellow lab puppies are. but he is also smart (as smart as an 8months lab can be) and up to breed standard and speck. if he wasnt i wud never think about breeding him cuz i wud never make my money back on him. i had my cat fixed bc im responsible to know there are more than enough cats roaming the streets and more than enough kitty road kill. and like i know what im doing w the cat i also know what im doing w my dog. thank u for the concern and if i didnt feel as if i was being talked down to id probly welcome it

~nikki