Thread: Shameless plug
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 01:09 PM
Starry-eyed Pixie

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaKyttn
Nikki before you breed I must say that you should see if your dog measures up to what the breed standard says. I breed almost once every eight or so years, and then only champion to champion. all of my dogs that are bred are in a 6 generation pedigree completely championed. I'm sure everyone has a dog or cat they think is wonderful but rememebr there are dogs in rescue and shelters everywhere just like that that no one will take. I suggets you talk to a local breeder of your breed who does show and ask them to mentor you. Before you stud a dog out you should make sure the bitch is tested for brucillosis(which can cost you the stud fee and make your stud unable to be bred because if he gets it from an infected bitch then ever bitch he breeds will abort.) You need to test him and make sure he is free from genetic diseases such as but not limited to Hip Dysplasia, Luxating patella, Eye anomalies, thyroid conditions, there is a huge array of diseases that dogs are host to and always try to breed away from them, look at it as slightly playing god, you can insure that the next generation doesn't hurt. you have to be certain that you want to take on responsibility of putting 8-10 new warm bodies in the world that may not be warm past age 2.

a site on breeding

http://www.dogocanario.org/breeding.htm

Every dog is entitled to a loving home but not every dog is entitled to a piece of ass.