View Single Post
Old 12-13-2001, 10:36 PM

I think it's great that you have saved yourself for the right person.
I won't bother telling you that you're showing your a responsible person or that you're a romantic because you've had you're reasons and whatever they are it's great that you followed your head instead of letting the other one get the better of you.

If I had a guy tell me he was a virgin and wanted me to be his first, I'd be very flattered. Now if you are begining a relationship just tell her that you don't jump into casual sex and need to know a girl before things go that far. You don't need to tell her in the beginning you're a virgin. Not till you are sure you want to be intimate with her and the relationship is leaning towards that. The first few dates don't have to end in sex (though for some it does and that's fine). But do tell her you want to wait, cuz if you don't she may get confused if you don't put the moves on her. Just tell her when you're telling her about yourself. Kinda like, 'I'm the type of guy who likes football, and wants to know a girl before I get close and personal' (but please use better words than that, my tact leaves something to be desired).

If she asks about past relationships, you just tell her the truth, that the girls you've dated have never developed into serious relationships. Nothing wrong about that. You just haven't met the right one yet. But you don't have to put it that way.

When it's time to be intimate, you can tell her the truth. I don't think as a woman that it's a big deal for a guy to withhold that kind of information till it's necessary. I can't say about any other woman in this forum, but that's the way I feel.

I think if you are worried about inexperience, you'd only have to worry about women who are only interested in a quick fling and not about helping a guy develop sexually. I think it could be fun to help a guy find himself.