View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 09:40 AM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
this is intended as advice, not a cut, so please take it as such: if you are truly serious about finding a connection and exploring that connection, you need an idea to work with. something more specific than just "a connection," otherwise, you won't know what questions to ask or how to apply your data set to support or disprove your hypothesis. not to mention it flies in the face of the scientific method. you need to gather data in a way that is both quantitative and qualitative. and your prof … if they are worth their tenure … in my opinion should never accept such a study as worthwhile, valid or scholarly in any way. as a university student you should demand more - and get more - from your education. use it for all it’s worth. this isn’t grammar school, this is an opportunity for you to explore all the methods, tools and knowledge that are at your disposal, and use them to their fullest potential. i think you should do whatever it takes to do exactly that.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose