View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 06:27 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calihotguy
lixy,

you should reconsider San Diego v. Pittsburgh and Miami v. Buffalo.....In my opinion and what I have been reading, I am convinced San Diego is a lock, and Buffalo with their qb problems and takeo spikes still out is gonna lose.

I want you to beat that guy and don't want to have to say I told u so :P, the rest that we disagree on I think are all too close to call....in any case, good luck.

Thanks sweetyheart!

On my way to work today, I couldn't stop thinking about the Monday night game and the "implied advantage" that San Diego might have. I mean...home team, first Monday Night televised game since dinosaur's roamed around (ok...least since the moon landing), team stats so close that I evened out from every source I had!

I changed my pick for Monday night to San Diego when I got to work.

More than that, I had to ask MCP for another pool paper because the guy who runs the pool wasn't in yet (had 2 more hours for his arrival), and I asked MCP who he picked for the game. He bantered back that he wouldn't tell me till I told him. I told him my dilemma and that I needed to fill out another pool. He laughed out loud and got another pool paper for me. As he watched me circle my picks he was counting. Said I had 6 different picks than him. Don't know what ones are differnt...only that he had said earlier that he picked mostly all "away" teams".

NOW WE HAVE A COMPETITION!

I told him my change and he told me he had Pitts. I told him why I changed and asked him why he wanted Pitts. He joked that he always picked "home" teams. I displayed astonisment (oh my gawd...you gotta be kiding me!)...and he said he was kidding. Then he said, "I just like Pitts. this time around".

So, here we go...this is my final picks...

Seattle@St. Louis - Seattle
Tampa@NY Jets - Tampa
New Orleans@Greenbay - New Orleans
Baltimore@Detroit - Baltimore
Tennessee@Houston - Tennessee
New England@Atlanta - Atlanta
Miami@Buffalo - Buffalo
Chicago@Cleveland - Cleveland
Indianapolis@San Fran Cisco - Indianapolis
Carolina@Arizona - Arizona
Philadelphia@Dallas - Philly
Washington@Denver - Denver
Cincinnatti@Jacksonville - Cincinnatti

Monday
Pittsburg@SanDiego - San Diego

Thanks again...EVERYONE! You've no idea how much talking to real people makes a difference when I am in competitive mode!

*hugs*

Be back with the results when they are in! Stay tuned!

~Thomas Dewar~