Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Politics, Politics, Politics (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18212)

Ryan² 01-06-2004 01:56 PM

Politics, Politics, Politics

Don't get me wrong, the British Government gets up my nose - but today Tony Blair has said this about Ken Livingstone:

"My prediction that he would be a disaster has turned out to be wrong and I think when that happens in politics you should just be open about it."

Now in my view, it's split down the line: 50% of MP's can admit their mistakes, and the other 50% simply haven't got the bottle. Mr Blair is clearly first in queue for the 50% that can't.

Who's he kidding? Idiot. Roll on June 2005.

musketeer 01-06-2004 06:15 PM

How that man (Blair) has the nerve to call himself Labour I'll never know! "New Labour" should be called "Old Thatcherism" and be honest about it's self. Lets get back to the traditional Labour values to get this country back on it's feet.

jseal 01-06-2004 08:56 PM

Gentlemen,

It seems that you two are ready for a change. Good luck!

jennaflower 01-06-2004 11:19 PM

And I thought politics here in the US was a touchy subject.....

ukG2... I am just beatin that you and I would be on opposing sides on this arguement...

musketeer 01-07-2004 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jseal
Gentlemen,

It seems that you two are ready for a change. Good luck!

If its to something better - the sooner the better!:mad:

Ryan² 01-07-2004 04:00 PM

LET'S GET A FEW THINGS STRAIGHT HERE:
  • I'm not trying to start an argument.
  • I'm not looking for a challenge.

I'm simply here to air my comments on what I think of England's crappy government. They're all money-grabbing pig-ignorant gits.

Now jseal & jennaflower: understand?

jennaflower 01-07-2004 07:30 PM

ukG...

tsk tsk.. are you touchy or what? I just made a simple comment of my observation based on your earlier comment...

I know VERY little of England's government... (tho I should probably know more since I have family there)..... I can only tell you.. (based on slanted news) that EVERY government has its problems.. and it can only be changed by those who are willing to make a difference..

BIBI 01-07-2004 07:50 PM

I love British Humor....

My fave was an old show called "Some Mothers Do Have Em"

It stared the original star of Phantom of the Opera.....oops sorry wrong thread!

MilkToast 01-07-2004 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ukG²
LET'S GET A FEW THINGS STRAIGHT HERE:
  • I'm not trying to start an argument.
  • I'm not looking for a challenge.

I'm simply here to air my comments on what I think of England's crappy government. They're all money-grabbing pig-ignorant gits.

Now jseal & jennaflower: understand?

Yes, but by doing so you are also inviting others to comment on what you think. You're posting to a discussion forum!

Because you're allowed to vent others are not allowed to reply in a challenging fashion?

PS. when typing in all caps like you did at the start of your reply it is considered yelling, so don't be surprised if people react to your reply.

jseal 01-07-2004 08:36 PM

ukG²,

What was it that you thought I did not understand?

Vullkan 01-07-2004 10:13 PM

If I may add insight to this thread...governments as a rule are afraid to make mistakes much less admit when they have made an error...they (political leaders) think of themselves that they can walk on water--part the Red Sea--etc...etc all from the primary belief that they have all the peaces to the puzzle and because they are sooooo educated that the "common" folk are clueless.

LixyChick 01-08-2004 01:06 AM

LOL! What round are we in? I went for popcorn and I missed the girl with the card!

LOL@BIBI!

Sugarsprinkles 01-08-2004 01:33 AM

LOL @ Lixy and BIBI

Hey, Lix..............didja get extra butter on my popcorn????

LixyChick 01-08-2004 01:58 AM

*gets up again to get more butter for SS*

BIBI 01-08-2004 02:01 AM

OMG thanks Lix......sorry I missed you

I was checking my self out in the mirror......:)