Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bleah (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31160)

gekkogecko 07-14-2007 09:43 AM

Bleah

Yesterday morning, as I was about to leave for work, I sat on my glasses. I ended up missing work due to the resultant headache.

Set up an optometrists' appointment instead, it's been 6-8 years since my last one.

I need bifocals.

Fuck it all.

Casperr 07-14-2007 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkogecko
Yesterday morning, as I was about to leave for work, I sat on my glasses. I ended up missing work due to the resultant headache.

Wow... I've sat on my glasses before, but they never went so far up to cause a headache....

Bifocals are cool, they make you look even more intelligent....
Or older. One of those anyway.

gekkogecko 07-14-2007 10:02 AM

I keep telling my firends, "We're not really getting older. We're just getting mroe senile".

scotzoidman 07-14-2007 11:05 PM

The no-line bifocals available now are not nearly so unflattering, but as I got my 1st pair almost 10 years ago, I was not prepared for the woozy changes in makes in your world...the floor is not gonna be where you remembered it being before :sad:

Oldfart 07-15-2007 03:35 AM

It's the same phenomenon as the moving floor through the bottom of a beer glass.

The more you've drunk, the more the floor moves.

Pita 07-15-2007 07:34 AM

I once sat on a pair of glasses that were only two days old.

Lizard Man, bifocals will only add to your already cool demeanor. ;)

jseal 07-15-2007 07:40 AM

gekkogecko,

Would you like me to give you my training walker? It DOESN'T have wheels on it. My new one came fully loaded with all the options. :D

LixyChick 07-15-2007 09:12 AM

I've got bifocal contact lenses.

I am nearsighted AND farsighted! I just think of it as being a "push me-pull you".

^^^^Dr. DoLittle humor never hurt anyone!^^^^

gekkogecko 07-15-2007 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixyChick
I just think of it as being a "push me-pull you".

That's not the sort of push me-pull you that I'd like to engage in with Lixy.

gekkogecko 07-24-2007 09:04 AM

So, the glasses update:

They're not bifocals. They are, in fact, trifocals.
Wearing them gives me motion sickness. They way to not get motion sickness is to get used to them. They way to get used to them is to wear them. Which gives me motion sickness.

Guess which novel of 'classic American literature' I am currently re-reading?

The personal update:
My new girlfriend broke up with me last week: turns out, she thought she could deal with a ployamorous relationship, but couldn't after all. At least she made the discovery 7 weeks into the relationship, and didn't try to hang around living with bullshit and resenting both herself and me for years.