Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   Advice (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Business Travel to Denver (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28398)

Salacious 06-23-2006 07:42 PM

Business Travel to Denver

My new job is sending me to Denver for three days for training. Can anyone suggest good eatries or watering holes in the Wheat Ridge/Arvada area for relaxing after hours?

Coaster 06-23-2006 07:44 PM

Think I can fit in your luggage?

Salacious 06-23-2006 07:57 PM

I wish!

scotzoidman 06-23-2006 09:04 PM

All I know is you probably don't wanna listen to the late Warren Zevon's "Things to Do In Denver When You're Dead"...

Cjack 06-23-2006 10:15 PM

I use to know all the places but now all I know is what my 3 sons tell me.
A place that is about 3 years old is the "Oasis." It is located at Pecos st & I-76. I hear it has action and some of the Denver Nuggets Hang out there.
Another place is the "Grizzly Rose" it is about 58th & I-25. It is country western and real active on the weekends.
PT's is located on Evans at about Federal Blvd. That is a little ways away but on Friday and saturday nights there is a lot of flashing and playing going on. Some nights are topless for the couples dancing and I hear some strip off more.
This should give you some information but I would check with others when you get there before you chose which one.
Have fun and good luck getting laid if that is what you want.
Cjack

Steph 06-24-2006 01:04 AM

Crap, if you had started this thread two days ago, I could have asked one of my supervisors but she left for Denver the other morning. She goes every year to visit friends.

Have fun on the company's dime!

Salacious 06-24-2006 07:06 AM

*Taking notes*

Last check, I was still breathing, ~whew~

Unfortunately, I am not traveling alone, so I don't imagine thre will be much opportunity for too much mischief... but then one never knows. :)

Thanks Steph, I was just trying to optimize my resources.

rockintime 06-25-2006 10:29 PM

HINT to the wise: Drink LOTS of water while there...the altitude does a number on many visitors who don't.

Salacious 06-28-2006 10:04 PM

Well we had to wrangle information out of our hosts but one great stop we made for lunch was The Brickyard. The food was delicious!

Also tried Qdoba which I think is even better than Chipotle!

Last night we hit the Texas Roadhouse. Where I definately recommend a Jamacian Cowboy! Let me see... Malibu Rum, Peach Scnapps, Tequilla, fruit juices and WOW!!

So next time I will have to check out some other good spots.

Lilith 06-29-2006 07:58 AM

Qdoba is my veggie son's favorite chain restaurant. Sounds like you had a good time.

The only time I have traveled for business it has been solo. I think it would be fun to travel with a group.

Matticus 06-29-2006 09:10 AM

There is a mountain range between us and Denver, we don't get over there much. :boohoo:

What someone said about the altitude is totally true though.