Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How bad is it in your area? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37649)

dicksbro 04-07-2020 02:21 AM

^^^ Amen!

IM1469 04-09-2020 06:16 PM

Had to go to the pharmacy today for wife's cancer meds. The guy in front of me was not wearing gloves or mask. However when he checked out he took a NOT so clean handkerchief from his back pocket, wrapped it around his finger and proceeded to enter his PIN #.

dicksbro 04-11-2020 01:47 AM

We've seen some of that around here, too, but for the most part … people seem to be trying to follow the rules and hopefully that's contributed to our not having any cases reported in our town (17K people 10 miles from Peoria) so far. Knock on wood. :)

By the way, my AV today is a replica docked at Peoria's waterfront of Columbus' ship "La Nina." Picture was taken back in 2007 when the ship docked here for a weekend.

IM1469 04-12-2020 06:26 AM

Driving back from the store I noticed a significant number of private residences that had a yard full of vehicles all visiting from out of state. Lots of cars in the area from Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia, New jersey and New York. It will be interesting to see if the number of virus cases take a jump here in the next two weeks.

I was shocked to see that the indigenous tribes of the Amazon Forrest have been infected. That speaks volumes !!

Goofy 04-13-2020 09:01 PM

We's been okey dokey so far. Few cases around here, but so far wez been doin' all right.
Gotta admit, tho, it be lots better when dis ting is over.

gekkogecko 04-14-2020 06:11 AM

So now it's come down to this: mandatory masks in MD when visiting any of the places of "essential" business. Annoying to have to deal with, but it makes sense, and it's not as annoying as dying of COVID-19.

dicksbro 04-15-2020 11:50 PM

Actually, nationwide, the odds of dying of COVID-19 are very low. To be sure, even one is less than desirable, but I think most Americans (by far) will come out of this okay. Sure hope so, anyway.

Teddy Bear 04-20-2020 04:52 PM

I don't need any thing from Wally World or Shop & Shop or any other place. But I want to go shopping or eat in a restaurant, just about anyplace put house jail.

I'm up for parole pretty soon! Oh to be able to go just cause I want to.
I'm following all directions, staying home, the 6' apart, wearing a mask,etc etc

Want to sing, "free at last, free at last, thank God almighty i'm free at last!!"

*sigh*

dicksbro 04-21-2020 02:47 AM

Hope your "parole" comes soon. I do know the feeling about wanting to eat in a restaurant. Had that same yearning myself. :(

Oh well.

Now our stove has conked out so our diet is getting reduced. Nothing baked or broliled. :(

gekkogecko 04-21-2020 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksbro
Now our stove has conked out so our diet is getting reduced. Nothing baked or broliled. :(

Now, *THAT'S* a serious problem. Any chance for a cheap interim replacement, until you can get a new one (and can you afford a new eal oven ?), like a well-ventilated camp stove?

dicksbro 04-22-2020 12:11 AM

We've got a two-burner hotplate and we're looking at getting a new stove. Hopefully, this will be a short term problem and we're not starving. Our son, about a week ago, bought a 2-pound sirloin steak that we fried up for us and two of our boys, and together with some herb seasoned potatoes and a salad, we had a real good meal. Nice of our son, too.

jay-t 04-22-2020 07:12 PM

When the power goes out we use BBQ grill had to use it for 3weeks because of an ice storm a few years ago

Goofy 04-22-2020 09:44 PM

^^^^ Not a bad tingl, cookin' on da grill, was it? Worst part be keepin' food and drinks cold or frozen withouwit' no refrigatator.

gekkogecko 04-23-2020 05:57 AM

If it's a power outrage in the winter, you can just stick things on the balcony/porch/what have you.

Goofy 04-26-2020 05:37 AM

Wez dun that, gg. Guessin' great minds tink alike or sumptin.