Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ladies and Gentlemen - Come on in (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18931)

Lilith 02-17-2004 09:14 PM

I have rosacea and use medication occasionally, and have learned that most beauty products agitate it. I wear makeup because I am subconscious about the redness and blushing. Most of the time it's nonexistent but when it flares up I am super sensitive about it.

don73153 02-17-2004 09:37 PM

I work outdoors with my hands and use Vaseline Advanced Healing on them, I have to. But other than that, just stay clean.

ChinesePussy 02-18-2004 08:42 AM

oh dear! you guys and girls are so simple.

I don't even see a sunblock in your daily routine need. Without sunblock there is no way to be anti-aging:( :rolleyes:

Loulabelle 02-18-2004 09:09 AM

ChinesePussy - some of us don't live in a country where sun block is really a problem.

Also, I don't know about anything else, but personally I don't care too much about wrinkles. What worries me about getting old is not being able to move about easily, alzheimers disease, being a vulnerable member of society etc etc etc and no amount of sun block is going to prevent that.

Anti-aging creams do not make you younger, they only make you look younger - let's not kid ourselves.

ChinesePussy 02-18-2004 09:35 AM

heheeh you don't have to live in the farm in oder to get UVA array

my researching said even in the winter you sit in the office in your living room, you still get little by little of UVA array. that is a long term damaging your skin cell cause wrinkle and skin shag.

hehehe I don't want my face wrinkle too fast. Wearing sunblock as your day time routine can delay your aging look. The researcher said 95% of your skin aging is caused by UVA/UVB and the other 5% caused you age is by chronological inside your body.

I do eat well and exercise everyday. this can prevent diseasse as well.

so I do care about my inside and outside age. I guess I just lov "ME" tooooooo much :):)

curvyredhead 02-19-2004 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Loulabelle
ChinesePussy - some of us don't live in a country where sun block is really a problem.

Also, I don't know about anything else, but personally I don't care too much about wrinkles. What worries me about getting old is not being able to move about easily, alzheimers disease, being a vulnerable member of society etc etc etc and no amount of sun block is going to prevent that.

Anti-aging creams do not make you younger, they only make you look younger - let's not kid ourselves.

Here here loulabelle!

CP, If you have time for all that more power to you! For me, I'm a single mom with 2 kids (with concerts and homework groups, etc), I work part-time, and go to school full-time. A good day is one with a shower with a liquid moisturizing soap and lotion for my face and body (because we have NO humidity here). If it's a really good day, I might get a bit of makeup on. :rolleyes:

SuccubusKitty 02-21-2004 05:05 PM

Okay this is what I do....

1. Get wet in the shower.
2. Wash body with Lever 2000 Moisture Response.
3. Wash face with Clean and Clear Antibacterial Face Wash
4. If it's hair washing day, I used Loreal Color Vive shampoo and conditioner to keep my red dye vibrant
5. Dry off.
6. Moisturize with either Bath and Body Works Body Cream or Vaseline Intensive Care lotion
7. Softlips lip balm with sunscreen.
8. IF I go outside for longer than two minutes, I will use SPF45 sunscreen (Important since I live in Louisiana.)

That's it...nothing special :)