PDA

View Full Version : The Minotaur

KingMinotaur
10-05-2002, 02:09 PM
I couldn't help wondering : How many of the people here know the true and complete origin of my SN's namesake , the original Minotaur ? (hint : Greek Mythology )

LixyChick
10-05-2002, 02:12 PM
Had Greek Mythology in school and I remember the minotaur as being half man/half bull! Does that mean you are full of it KM????

LOL! Just kidding hun! Love ya!

KingMinotaur
10-05-2002, 02:13 PM
ol Lixy babe.. go and try to grab this bull by the horns , will ya' ?

A.K.'s Sex-Pot
10-05-2002, 02:20 PM
The minotaur was a mythical monster (Half man, half bull) who inhabited the Island of Crete where he was encaged in a maze known as the Labyrinth by the king of Crete and was appeased by the sacrifice of Seven male and Seven female virgins from Ephesus every year. He was eventually killed by Theseus, son of King Aegeus whom, I believe, was given a cloak which made him invisible and used a ball of string to navigate his way through the Labyrinth. On his victorius return, he had been instructed by this father to raise the flag on his ship, so that his father would know he was safe, but he was so happy at having completed his task, he forgot. King Aegeus spotted his ship, assumed his son was dead, and threw himself into the sea (no such thing as a happy ending in Greek mythology!) which from then until this day is known as the Aegean sea.

I think.

It's been a while since I've given it much thought! lol.

PantyFanatic
10-05-2002, 02:31 PM
I think they had to send Theseus to slay him the second year when they couldn't find that many virgins.

*(or was that my Irish Mythology??) ;)*

A.K.'s Sex-Pot
10-05-2002, 02:35 PM
I think you're right PF. If I'd been one of those virgins (yeah right!) I think I'd have instigated a mass orgy with all the other virgins on the boat over to Crete! Problem solved!

LixyChick
10-05-2002, 02:37 PM
ROFLMFAO ppl!

KM!!!!.........Consider yourself grabbed! Mmmmmmmmmmmm!

jennaflower
10-05-2002, 03:09 PM
And who says that wonderful places like these don't serve a purpose in educating society. :) Thanks for today's lesson. :)

A.K.'s Sex-Pot
10-05-2002, 05:47 PM
Jenna I agree.

If it weren't for the educational value of this site I'd never have found my G-Spot!!! Lol.

PantyFanatic
10-05-2002, 07:56 PM
A.K.'s Sex-Pot-
I would have been quite happy to help you look for it! ;)

Oldfart
10-05-2002, 10:18 PM
AK's sex pot,

Did you know that the ball of string Thesius carried was called a

clue, so nowadays when you don't have a clue, you don't have

a thread to depend on? A bit of trivia.

The minotaur goes back to the cult of the bull. Look up some of

the pictures of the minoan bull dancers. The Greeks took

elements of this and the labyrinth of mines outside Knossos and

deduced the minotaur. Or so I've read.

KingMinotaur
10-06-2002, 05:41 PM
lol thus far you've done quite well.. nice work AK .. but as to how the minotaur came to be.. hmm.. lmao ~ keep up the good work..

Ironwood
10-06-2002, 07:06 PM
The minotaur was the son of a bull and the wife of King Minos, if that's what you're after.

A.K.'s Sex-Pot
10-07-2002, 01:17 AM
I think I've seen video footage of that coupling on the net somewhere! :P

Ironwood
10-07-2002, 01:21 AM
I've wondered what you do online when I'm not around.

A.K.'s Sex-Pot
10-07-2002, 01:23 AM
Damn! My secret's out!

Casperr
10-07-2002, 07:13 AM
Ok... now you're racking my brains!!! Been too long since high school history!

Poseidon sent a bull to King Minos to sacrifice to him. But he didn't, as so he was punished. The punishment was that his wide lusted after, and had it off with, the bull. The resultant offspring, of course, was the Minotaur.

There's a story, i think, that Daedalus (the guy who made wings for himself and stuff like that) had to design a contraption to enable the 'coupling' of the wife and bull. I'm not swearing to that story though, it' sounds, er, bull....

That's the best I can remember, but I could be completely wrong of course, it's happened many times before!!

CasperTG

PS, so KingMinotaur - are you trying to tell us something? Having sexy thoughts about some bulls eh? :)

KingMinotaur
10-07-2002, 10:55 PM
Exvcellent casper.. daedalus sculpted the statue that the wife of King Minos coupled with ; shortly thereafter , he and his son Icarus were imprisoned while the Minotaur was banished to the maze . It was during daeadlus' imprisonment that he made the wings so that they could escape .

Ironwood
10-08-2002, 11:34 AM
I just love when I'm not acknowledged.