PDA

View Full Version : A name is just a name...or is it?

PlayfulTigress
03-02-2002, 08:56 PM
Greetings! :) This is a cute lil' thing I came across while surfing the net. What does your name mean? (http://www.kabalarians.com/gkh/your.htm#links) Just place your name in the box provided and ckeck either male or female and away you go! (I think it will work with your chosen screen name, too, if you want.)

For me, the site was right on! It had me pegged to a "T". :D
~Your first name of Lindsay has made you a friendly, approachable, and generous person. Generally you are good-natured, though at times you can be blunt and sarcastic. As you are naturally talkative, you find it easy to meet and make friends with many people. This name inclines you to be sympathetic and generous to those in difficult or unfortunate circumstances. You can be firm, positive, and independent in your own ideas and in reaching your own decisions, yet when it comes to taking action or following things through to completion, you often need encouragement. You respond quickly to kind words or any appreciation shown you. There are artistic, creative abilities in this name that you could express through music or writing. You enjoy freedom from monotony and are stimulated by unexpected opportunities for meeting people, entertaining, or pursuing activities of a carefree nature.~

So, give it a try and see what it says about you! :D

~Linds

Lilith
03-02-2002, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the site.....it was interesting:)

Sharni
03-02-2002, 09:16 PM
Using my real name....and very close portrayal of my character...but not all

A sociable person who appreciates the beauties of nature and the refinements of life, and is moved by music and the arts. You are very idealistic and romantic within yourself and may have tried to express your beautiful thoughts through poetry or writing. Crudeness and vulgarity are very repulsive to you and you are very particular about little things. You suffer greatly with lack of confidence and self-consciousness. You crave affection and understanding, yet because you can be so easily and deeply hurt, you have learned to keep your true nature hidden; therefore people do not really know you. You always wonder if you are doing the right thing, desiring to express yourself but afraid to. People may consider you haughty and aloof because of your sensitivity and reserved ways. You may find some expression abut it would usually be light conversation, rarely daring to reveal your deeper thoughts or take others into your confidence for fear of criticism or ridicule. You have a very kind and gentle nature, and although you may be in a position in contact with the public, you will still be a lonely and reserved person. Thus, you live much within your own thoughts, often finding your escape in reading, which you love to do.

mindboxer505
03-02-2002, 09:17 PM
nice site. hit my habit of worrying about others on the nose......

Sharni
03-02-2002, 09:20 PM
Using my screen name....this one is a bit of a hit and miss....specially the last line :D

The name of Shaniqua contains within it an intense emotional power that could drive you to put forth great effort to accomplish your ambitions and to do something noteworthy and worthwhile. There are humanitarian ideals in this name, making you feel the urge to champion the cause of the downtrodden, the victims of circumstances and injustices. However, it is difficult for you to materialize your ideals because of a restless, unsettled feeling which causes you never to know just what it is that you should be working toward, and the very intensity of your nature makes systematic concentration and application a challenge. You can have intensely contrasting feelings toward people, either you are fiercely loyal or extremely intolerant. There is rarely a happy medium in your feelings. Consequently, you experience many disappointments in people, tragedy, and the loss of the very things for which you may be intensely striving. Bitter experiences could make you cynical, critical, and argumentative. You find it difficult to see the brighter or humorous side of a situation.

scotzoidman
03-02-2002, 09:21 PM
I don't know about this one... using the spelling as my name was given, I thought it missed the mark almost completely; dropping one of the double letters, it got much closer to the mark, but that's the wrong sp. for me... very strange...

Lilith
03-02-2002, 09:28 PM
This does not sound much like my idea of Lilith but here it is:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lilith

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your name of Lilith creates a very sensitive, inspirational, and idealistic nature. You have an appreciation for all the fine and beautiful things in life, and could excel in music, art, drama, or literary undertakings, where you could find an expression for your deeper feelings that you would not find otherwise. As a result of your love of the out-of-doors, you would experience the most peace and harmony out in the quiet of nature. Your sensitive nature causes you to lack self-confidence, and to withdraw from arguments or turmoil, as any discord reflects quickly through your nervous system. You cannot stand pressure and desire to work where there is no confusion. This name restricts proper verbal expression; as a result, you are often lonely, craving understanding of others. Yours is a very deep, reflective nature, but others would never know it as you keep your deeper feelings within. Tension resulting from the use of this name would affect the heart, lungs, and respiratory organs, or the nervous system.

PlayfulTigress
03-02-2002, 09:28 PM
I'm glad you all like it so far! :D Scotzoidman, that is odd that the misspelling is "more" correct for you than your own spelling. So, are you saying you are Marc with a "C" or am I digging too much into the "Mark thing"? ;)

scotzoidman
03-02-2002, 09:30 PM
Gets stranger... this is for my middle name, & may be closer than I want to admit...

The name has given you a very imaginative, creative mind. You always have new ideas, but too often they are for an easy way out of a difficulty, or an easy way of making money. You are not inclined to apply yourself consistently to a job and to reach the fulfilment of your goals through perseverance and hard work. The influence of this name has caused you to feel unsettled emotionally and mentally. You are never satisfied with conditions, because your feelings and desires are so changeable. Hence you seek change in order to have the opportunity for travel, new experiences, and new friends and associates. There are people in your association who could influence you unfavourably and thereby mislead you; disillusionment, embarrassment, and bitter experiences then become your lot. You have a very talkative nature and because of it, you could do well in saleswork or in a position where you handle the public. However, you would find any position requiring self-confidence and aggressiveness very trying. You are subject to moods of depression and self-pity, arising in part from a lack of confidence. Nervous tension often affects your solar plexus and stomach area. Also, the kidneys and fluid functions of the body could be affected.

sugarfreecandy
03-02-2002, 09:32 PM
Hmmmm... Accuracy is going downhill here. It starts off well, but nosedives part-way through.

"Your first name of [edited for anonymity] has given you a rather quiet, reserved, serious, studious nature. You have sensitivity and appreciation for the finer and deeper things of life, the beauties of nature, music, art, and literature. The people who mean the most to you are those who can offer you intellectual companionship. It is only when you are among those who understand your deeper nature that you can really be yourself."
--- Definitely true!

"The experience of having your remarks taken lightly or belittled, particularly during the early years of your life, has caused you to keep your thoughts and feelings to yourself. You do not express yourself spontaneously when conversing with others; hence other people may often regard you as being aloof, and even unfriendly. Your difficulty in putting your deeper thoughts and feelings into words can lead to problems in more intimate associations. This name has caused you to live much within yourself. You are rather easily hurt or offended. At such times you can withdraw into a mood, and may not even speak to others."
--- Well, not so true any more. If you'd told me this 5 or 10 years ago it would have been more true than today... I don't think I come off as aloof or unfriendly (do I??? :confused: ) and I'm none too shy about expressing myself, as you all may have noticed! :D

"Aside from these points, this name contains many fine qualities. You are a thoughtful, analytical person, and you know your own mind, even though you may not speak it. You are very conscientious and competent in all that you do. You take seriously any responsibilities that you have--in the home, in the community, or at the job. Worry and mental depression could be problems in your life. Physically, any weaknesses in your health would centre in the heart, lungs, or bronchial organs."
--- Right on as far as the analytical & responsible part goes, although it doesn't mention the possibility of a creative side...

Now, that was actually the analysis for my middle name (which is the name I use on a daily basis). I wondered if checking my first name would yield any better results, but sadly, no...

"Your name of [edited] makes you easy-going and refined, but detracts from your physical vitality. You desire all the finer things in life--lovely clothes, home, furniture, and environment. However, procrastination is your worst enemy, and you find yourself lacking the ambition to make your dreams a reality. People are inclined to take advantage of your sympathetic, tractable nature. You naturally attract people with problems who seek your understanding and advice. You can give good advice although it is unlikely that you would follow it yourself. You would be most successful in situations where you can use your skills in diplomacy in handling people, but where you are not under pressure or required to carry responsibility and make decisions. It is difficult for you to be individual and make your own decisions, for you lack self-confidence. Your desire for sweet, rich foods could cause overweight, circulatory problems, or weakness in the kidneys."
--- Nope, nope, and nope, all the way through. The closest it comes to the truth is the bit about sweet foods. (Maybe it's a better explanation for my nickname than for my personality... :p )

--- sweetstuff

PlayfulTigress
03-02-2002, 09:52 PM
Using the name Tigress...
The name of Tigress creates an overly-sensitive nature which causes you to sense and feel far more than you can understand or put into words. You have a deep, artistic, and creative side which shows through a love for music and literature. Writing is a more natural mode of expression for your deeper thoughts and feelings than the spoken word. You have an ability to concentrate and work intently on anything which holds your interest. However, you prefer to avoid routine, monotony, and mental tasks. You enjoy the out-of-doors and find your greatest peace and relaxation from the beauty and harmony of nature. You prefer to limit your friendships and associations to those who share your interests and appreciate your quiet, refined ways. Others often find it difficult to understand you. Your feelings tend to build up within you and, if you cannot release them through a creative, constructive channel, you could suffer with frustration, moods, and much inner turmoil.

Again, this proves very true to me. So, I guess my subconcious mind chose a screen name that fits my nature well? :)

legend
03-02-2002, 11:57 PM
Your name of [edited] gives you a clever mind, good business judgment, a sense of responsibility, and an appreciation of the finer things of life. You are serious-minded and not inclined to make light of things even in little ways, and in your younger years you had more mature interests than others your age. Home and family mean a great deal to you and it is natural that you should desire the security of a peaceful, settled home environment where you can enjoy the companionship of family and friends. Whatever you set out to accomplish you do your very best to complete in accordance with what you consider to be right. In the home you assume your responsibilities capably, having the self-confidence to form your own opinions and make your own decisions. Others can rely on you; once you have given your word you will do your utmost to fulfil a responsibility. However, there is a tendency to be a little too independent in your thinking and it is difficult for you to accept the help of others when you should. Due to your strong sense of responsibility, you could experience worry and mental turmoil through assuming more responsibility than you should. Friction could arise through others feeling that you were interfering with their rights and privileges, even though you are only trying to help.

some of this fits....and then it all just goes downhill from there

xanne
03-03-2002, 02:09 AM
My first name came back as wildly different from me. :rolleyes:

My middle name came up with the exact same analysis as SFC. ;) and is fairly accurate in some points. Which leads me to conclude that SFC and I have the same middle name :D

Oldfart
03-03-2002, 02:54 AM
Either my given name of Anthony or usage name of Tony

labelled me an emotional basket case.

I felt well when I awoke this morning.......

sugarfreecandy
03-03-2002, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by xanne
My middle name came up with the exact same analysis as SFC. ;) and is fairly accurate in some points. Which leads me to conclude that SFC and I have the same middle name :D

Xanne --- Your powers of deduction are excellent. It's entirely possible that we share a middle name! However, my mother and my sister don't share a name but their names had the same analysis, so make of it what you will.

The whole Kabbalah-based system of prophesying based on names was originally formulated to deal with Hebrew names, and the Hebraic alphabet, if I remember my Jewish mysticism correctly... So I don't know how it's meant to deal with western European names like mine! (Like ours?) :confused: Accuracy issues are understandable when you think of it that way! :rolleyes:

--- sweetstuff

Lovediva
03-03-2002, 07:25 AM
Your name has given you a generous nature. You will do your utmost to help others in need, despite inconvenience or even hardship to yourself. You are affectionate, and respond quickly to appreciation. As a child you were expressive. An imaginative, impressionable person, you could excel in the theatre as a dramatist or comedienne, and the enjoyment and appreciation of your audience would be your greatest inspiration. Fine as your nature is at times the power of your feelings is difficult to control as it unleashes itself through outbursts of temper.

(((I think this is pretty much me up to here....LOL..Not sure about the rest thought :confused:

The name does not engender emotional stability; nor have you the system and order in your thinking always to finish what you start. Scattering of efforts interferes with success in your undertakings. Sensitivity in your nervous system could cause you to suffer either through goitre, or nervous conditions, or to experience hysteria or mental repression. :whiteghos

My middle name is not listed there and neither is LoveDiva4u...but I think I know what it would say for that!!! :p :p :D :D ;)

Mercury_Maniac
03-03-2002, 09:16 AM
Your name has created a practical, patient, scientific nature able to concentrate on the finer details of a project or undertaking. You would function best in settled conditions where you are not called upon to meet and mix too closely with others, but are able to work on your own. This name restricts congenial expression and association, creating much aloneness. You could express your thoughts more easily in writing than in speaking. You seldom experience the peace of mind that comes with composed thinking and emotional control. Health weaknesses could appear in the digestive system, causing constipation and other related problems, or in disorders affecting the heart, lungs, or bronchial organs.

some is true, the Health weaknesses are all bullshit, no way in hell would you be able to tell that from a name, the only problems i have are with my eyes and my ears, my digestive system is fine, i don't have heart or lung problems and i rarely ever get constipated.

NurseTraci
03-03-2002, 05:32 PM
Okay, I went there and I clicked on my first name. I have to admit that I was a little skepticle, but as I read it, I was so amazed. I felt like one of those fake callers on the Miss Cleo commercials. Then they hit it directly on the nose.

The first name of Traci leads you to assume considerable responsibility and to prefer to work independently, without direction or interference from others because you have very definite ideas of your own. Your mind is quick to comprehend and you can be depended upon to do any job well. Because you tend to be somewhat of a perfectionist, you might insist on doing too many things yourself instead of delegating jobs to others who might do less satisfactory work. This name does make you quite direct and straight-to-the-point. Your verbal expression does not reflect your inner thoughts and feelings, and you often wonder why people react to what you say. The influence of this name does not promote the friendship that you desire or the relaxation and naturalness you should enjoy with people. It is a name that makes you far too practical and serious-minded, and makes it difficult for you to act with spontaneity. You could suffer physically through head tension, with eye, teeth, or sinus problems, headaches, or mentally through worry.

::This hits me directly. I am sooo forward with everything, some say I tell the truth too often. I never share responisiblities with group work because well becuase I want the best job. About the head tension, eye problems, teeth and sinus problems and the worry,; that couldn't be more true. I have severe sinus problems almost every three months, I have have to wear glasses, not all the time, but most of the time, I always have headaches, and I have an anxiety disorder. I worry too much. I am just so amazed by this. Thanks. ((Now I really do sound like a caller on Miss Cleo!!))

Aqua
03-04-2002, 02:55 PM
Here's what it said when I plunked in my given name...

you have a natural interest in the welfare of your fellow man, and a desire to help and serve others in a humanitarian way. You are responsible and generous, although somewhat scattering and disorganized at times. Any jobs requiring systematic and conscientious effort, or involving any form of drudgery, dismay you. In your work, you would seek a position offering self-expression through contact with people, such as sales or teaching, or a position giving scope to your creative, artistic talents. You are good-natured and likeable, and people tend to confide in you and seek your advice in personal problems. Others sense your sincere interest and desire to help, and you can always be counted on to see the bright side of any problem. You enjoy making others happy and you never let your own problems "get you down" for any length of time, even though you do tend to worry too much at times. Your optimism can be a source of inspiration to others as well as yourself. In close personal relationships you are usually thoughtful and considerate. However, your natural interest in others, coupled with your sympathetic reaction to problems, could draw you into emotional situations which may be difficult to get out of. Health weakness would appear as skin conditions or ailments relative to the liver. A tendency to overeat quick-energy foods aggravates any health problems.

Not 100% but damn near spot-on... Pretty cool. Not as accurate by my known name though. Screen name was really off.

bunny_girl
03-06-2002, 07:46 AM
This is really scary. There's a couple of bits that aren't really true but the rest is pretty much spot on, perhaps a little too much at the moment.

My name creates a restless, creative nature that takes you into many ventures, but does not allow you to see things through to a satisfactory completion. Yours is a versatile, musical, artistic, but independent nature and you must have the freedom to express your creative ideas and abilities to be happy. An urge for independence causes dissatisfaction and frustration in close relationships and you find the "ties that bind" restricting. The qualities of this name would find a more constructive outlet in work that involves high-pressure selling or promotional activities, possibly in community affairs, for it contains a positive, driving power. It is difficult for you to merge with others; although you have quickness of mind, you lack tolerance and can give way to impatience at another's slowness or shortcomings. If you cannot complete your plans when you wish to do so, you could suffer intense moods of depression and extreme sensitivity in the region of the solar plexus, resulting possibly in ulcers or nervous disorders. This name could take you into bitter experiences through impulsive action. You need more stability to find peace of mind, relaxation and happiness in life.

danziggy
03-06-2002, 08:06 AM
wow its me down to the last detail.

individuality, independence, self-confidence, initiative, and an inclination to physical activity. You are not inclined to merge your opinions and viewpoints with others, to accept compromise, or to work in a subservient position against your will. Your expression is invariably quite direct and candid, and lacks the moderating tone of tact, diplomacy, and friendliness. Others find it difficult to accept your domineering and, at times, argumentative manner. Your circle of friends is restricted to those of like nature. Once friendship is established, you are very loyal and steadfast and do not tolerate gossip or criticism. In your close associations and family life, there is little demonstration of sentiment, appreciation, sympathy, or encouragement. It is difficult for you to find the right words for such circumstances.

well thats me!! weird really

Phoenix16
03-06-2002, 10:33 AM
It didn't sound like me at all :( I'll stick to astrology.

legend
03-06-2002, 10:49 AM
I think it's a bit like a card trick. You tell everyone to think of a card and to keep it in mind. You go through the pack and pick out their card. If you have 52 people in the audience, chances are that at least one person thought of that card.

souls_cry2000
04-02-2002, 02:18 AM
Well this is pretty much me.....

Dynamic, restless, independent, ready to accept challenges, and outspoken. You enjoy change, travel, and new experiences. Reacting against injustice, you go out of your way to assist in creating fairness. You are very creative and promotional, and work intensely to carry out your plans. Though you have limitless enthusiasm for new ventures, you lose interest quickly once things become routine, as you dislike being forced to attend to detail and do monotonous work. Your lack of patience and consistency in your affairs and your tendency to act impulsively can lead to actions you later regret taking, or to accidents, particularly to the head. You find that you often do the hard, pioneering work in an undertaking, only to see others reap the benefits. While this name makes you very honest and sincere in your personal relationships, your tendency to retaliate with caustic remarks over even slight offenses could spoil many friendships. You are prone to suffer moods of depression, and physical and mental tension which could have a serious affect upon the nervous system, causing stomach ulcers. Health weaknesses could also affect the eyes, ears, sinuses, or result in loss of hair.

axe31
04-02-2002, 06:27 PM
that was dam spooky got me to a tee
done some of these before one was
are you male or female asked some questions
then told you if your a guy or girl my result was female!!?

kimmer22
04-02-2002, 07:04 PM
I tried Kimberlee first and well it wasnt exactly me...
then I tried Kim ( which I go by all the time) and its slightly more accurate...

Your name of Kim contains many fine qualities: musical and artistic ability, good business judgment, and a sense of responsibility for the welfare of others. This makes you warm-hearted and understanding in your response to the needs and interests of those around you. You are always ready to help those in less fortunate circumstances. Your insistence on becoming involved in the affairs of others can cause them to regard you as interfering, even though you are only trying to help. A weakness lies in the fact that you are deeply affected through your feeling for others and could suffer through worry and disturbed thoughts over matters that you can do nothing about. While you have an appreciation for the finer things of life and could be successful along inspirational as well as business or professional lines of endeavour, there is a tendency to become involved in the needs and interests of others to the detriment of your own progress. Home and family are important to you and you desire to establish a settled home environment where you can enjoy the congenial companionship of friends and family. Mental tension could result through worrying too much over your problems or the problems of others, with an adverse effect on your nervous system.

osuche
12-10-2007, 12:36 PM
bump

IowaMan
12-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Although the name xxxxx creates the urge to be a leader and organizer, we stress that it causes a materialistic approach that frustrates higher humanitarian qualities.

This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the reproductive organs, and tension or accidents to the head.

The first name of xxxxx creates a shrewd, aggressive, business nature, intent on personal gain.

The desires for independence and financial success have been strong motivating forces from early in your life.

You are capable of logical and analytical thinking along practical business lines, and could excel in financial fields, law, or politics.

Your judgment is seldom swayed through your feelings.

And nope, my name isn't really xxxxx.