PDA

View Full Version : love, sex... what makes them different?

rjpaton@quixnet
07-31-2001, 01:59 AM
I'm new to the internet and even newer to this site. But talking about sex is nothing new to me. Something that comes up often among my male acquaintances is the ancient question,''What is love really?'' Any thoughts folks?

Fang
07-31-2001, 08:09 AM
Love is different things to different people at different times. There is no all encompassing definition since all people feel differently.

Love in the beginning can be an explosion of emotion, swelling and making your head swim. Giddiness is a good way of describing it.

Love after the newness wears off can be comfortable, like a soft old sweater. It makes you feel good. It provides warmth, stability and security.

Love after many years can almost be buried in the subconscious. If you've felt love for a person for a long time, the thought and feeling is ever-present, but nothing you need dwell on. It's there and it's nourishing all the time. If it unexpectedly leaves it can be like removing a feeding tube from an ill person. That's why so many older people pass on quickly after losing a loved one -- the nourishment of their love that was so depended upon has gone.

How does sex fit in to all this? Sex is integral to a good long lasting loving relationship. It changes of course. Sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. Sometimes sex doesn't enter at all into a loving relationship. Sometimes relationships don't enter into sex. That's the key. Knowing the difference between love and sex.

You can have one, both or the other, just know which you have!

Oldfart
08-15-2001, 05:01 PM
Love is a brain thing, often fanned by emotions and obsessions.
It may be good or bad, depending on who or what you love and
whether your love is reciprocated.

Sex is a body thing.

When the two get together, it can be wonderful.

Scarecrow
02-18-2005, 06:53 PM
bump

cherrypie7788
02-18-2005, 07:06 PM
What's the difference in love and sex?

You can have sex with anyone but can only love certain few.

petitelove
02-18-2005, 10:07 PM
I'm new to the internet and even newer to this site. But talking about sex is nothing new to me. Something that comes up often among my male acquaintances is the ancient question,''What is love really?'' Any thoughts folks?
For us love is the inability to quit thinking about, caring and longing for, that specific someone. No matter what else life throws in our faces, we can't stop the feeling...Deny it as we may have tried, we realized it WON'T be forgotten or laid to rest. Fighting it only makes it stronger.
For us, there is no sex in our love, just pure, raw emotions being expressed physically. Sex, we have had with others and always found it to leave us wanting, emotionally and mentally. We have learned the difference in quality and quantity.

Just an opinion...

xoxoxo

osuche
02-18-2005, 10:11 PM
To me, loving someone is caring more about their happiness and well-being than you care about your own....and often it means that you put them first. IMHO, it's the thing that redeems us as human beings. :D

Sex is much simpler than love, and I suspect is has something to do with hormones and pheromones.

Mark Vieth
02-19-2005, 12:06 AM
There is a song that really says it all. There is a band that had a song in four weddings and a funeral. They are Wet Wet Wet, their song is "Love is all around".

Now from memory the song talks about love. Also that there is no begining or end for when you do love someone. Love is eternal. Now it does change from person to person.

Sex is the physical side of sex. Now there are exceptions to this. Eg one night stands etc. But the idea of sex with the one you love is suppose to be a physical consumation of the love for you and your partner.