PDA

View Full Version : What have you ever won?

smithy020
10-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Today i won 5 tickets for the scotland football(soccer) match on saturday, From a newspaper competiton. :loveshowe

So my question is what have you ever won? Do you enter competitions?

Aqua
10-10-2007, 03:40 PM
I won the internet once.

Then I quickly figured out all I needed was this place, so I gave it back.

:D

I've won a couple costume contests and I think I've gotten a couple bingo's in my life, but that's about it.

Congrats on your tickets!!

Lilith
10-10-2007, 04:08 PM
I've won tons of radio contests and soap trivia stuff when I was a stay at home mom. I won a 7ft tall King Kong once too.

PantyFanatic
10-10-2007, 05:27 PM
I don't recall winning too much as a kid but it must even out over all. I think the first real prize in our family came when my toddler son went to an Easter egg hunt put on buy the local Kewanee club at the municipal park. He lined up with the other kids, not too certain what it was all about, and turned to look at us when they said "GO" and the others started running across the open grass to gobble up the eggs that were everywhere. He trotted out about half way, squatted down and touched a plastic egg. The 'referee' (that had been monitoring) grabbed him and the egg and brought a startled, crying 4 year old back to the starting line to open the egg that had the certificate for his first two-wheeler inside. :)

Since then it seems our clan has had more than it's share of good luck at drawings and such. Nothing grandiose, but often the top prize at the function attended.

I did learn a little trick for ticket drawings that seems to have MUCH improved my odds at small functions like seminars, annual meetings, fundraisers etc.. Bend the four corners back with the opposite corners in opposite directions enough to stand off rom another flat ticket. I've left with every kind of door prize from briefcases to a dozen golf balls. LOL

I can't post to this thread without a reference (http://www.pixies-place.com:81/forums/showthread.php?t=12359) to one of our best streaks of luck every. :D

IM1469
10-10-2007, 06:50 PM
My wife can enter something, buy tickets etc and usually come out a winner. Case in point, not long ago she bought ONE chance and won a Corvette

I, on the otherb hand have no luck at all. To prove my point to her, I drafted one of those office pool sheets for the final score of a football game. I place my name in 90 of the one hundred blocks leaving the other 10 blank. She pulled the numbers and assigned them. Damn if I still didn't lose!

sodaklostsoul
10-10-2007, 10:59 PM
IM1469 that sucks dude!!

PF, you can be sure I'll remember that trick next time I enter the giveaways at the grocery store.

Lets see.....as a child I won a cake in the cake walk at Halloween and later in grade school I was always on the winning teams for points and getting to go on outings.

Right after I started managing a 7-11 there was a profit contest and I won a trip to Vegas, also won a mountian bike for best pop display.

Was at company Christmas party and won back to back gift certificates to the mall (about $300 worth).

Have won a few small bingo's and door prizes for various things.

Won tickets off the radio once to see strippers but did'nt make the show.

dicksbro
10-11-2007, 03:52 AM
A water softener back in '77 at a local festival when we moved into our home.

scotzoidman
10-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Won a few radio contests over the years, mostly records & tickets that nobody would pay $$$ for, never won anything of real value...

Wait up, this just in...
...the Publisher's Clearing House is saying that I may already have won!!!

...never mind...

dm383
10-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Today i won 5 tickets for the scotland football(soccer) match on saturday, From a newspaper competiton. :loveshowe

So my question is what have you ever won? Do you enter competitions?

Only things I remember anyone in my family winning was my ex-wife, who one a goodie-bag from Radio Clyde about 20 years ago now. They (eventually!!) sent her a bag with a Radio Clyde beanie and half-a-dozen really crappy 45's - not even CD's! And my daughter won 2nd place in a "Bonnie Baby" competition at Butlins in Minehead, when she was 10 months old!!

Smithy, you are a jammy git! Hope it's worth the being there, fella - I'm working on saturday, so it'll be Radio Clyde again for me!!

DM

musicman
10-11-2007, 12:00 PM
concert tix, cool sporting event experiences, tons of radio contests - I enter a lot - figured you can't win if you don't play

LixyChick
10-11-2007, 12:08 PM
I won 2nd place in the NJ big lottery once. I had 5 numbers out of 6 for the Pick 6. The winning amount was up around $14 mil and at the time that was a record. Because I got 5 of 6 everyone I knew was assuming I'd get at least $10,000. Turns out a record amount of people hit 5 of 6 and we split it a zillion ways. However, I did get $2,114 or something like that! WoooooHooooo!

I won my first concert tickets from a radio program. It was to an all girl group called Fanny and Jose Feliciano was there...but the headliner was The Guess Who. (<---waiting for all the clowns to ask, "Who?")...*giggle* Like I haven't heard that before!

I've won albums in trivia contests in bars way back when.

I was told I won a poetry contest...but we all know how that went!

I win small amounts of money at a private club I go to. Bar tickets for different prizes including money. That sort of thing.

Oh...and I've won "meat prizes" at local raffles. LMAO! When I moved from Jersey to Pa. Mr. Lixy took me to my first meat raffle and the sign said, "meat prizes" an I just laughed my ass off. We didn't have anything like that where I came from. But, when I started winning ham roasts so big you could saddle em...I stopped laughing! Mmmmmmmmmmm...meat!

smithy020
10-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Only things I remember anyone in my family winning was my ex-wife, who one a goodie-bag from Radio Clyde about 20 years ago now. They (eventually!!) sent her a bag with a Radio Clyde beanie and half-a-dozen really crappy 45's - not even CD's! And my daughter won 2nd place in a "Bonnie Baby" competition at Butlins in Minehead, when she was 10 months old!!

Smithy, you are a jammy git! Hope it's worth the being there, fella - I'm working on saturday, so it'll be Radio Clyde again for me!!

DM

Ah and i was going to offer you a ticket that i have spare too. too bad! lol

there half way line tickets just brill seats lol

dm383
10-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Ah and i was going to offer you a ticket that i have spare too. too bad! lol

there half way line tickets just brill seats lol

Bastaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrddd!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

DM

dicksbro
10-11-2007, 03:37 PM
I'd almost forgot. I don't have it up any more, but I used to have an N-Guage model railroad and while I was still building on it, I won $50 from a local model railroading store. :)

dm383
10-14-2007, 03:47 AM
I doubt Smithy will be in any fit state to let you all know, but WE WON!!!

Scotland 3 - Ukraine 1. First goal scored in 2 and a half minutes. This now equals Scotlands previous record of 6 wins in a row, last recorded in the 1948-49 season.

All we need is 4 more points in the Group to guarantee qualification to the European Championships in Switzerland/Austria next year, the first majpor comp. we'll have been in for 10 years. Magic!!

DM

BTW......... did I mention, WE WON!!! :D :D

Oldfart
10-14-2007, 04:48 AM
I have spent hundreds of dollars on raffles and not won a cent.

I sincerely believe that I couldn't win a kick in a riot.

scotzoidman
10-15-2007, 12:00 PM
I'm guessing you've never tested this belief?

smithy020
10-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Game was AMAZING!!! Best £1.50 I've ever spent!

I love James McFadden!

Very temped to buy a ticket to the Georgia game on wed, Anyone know any cheap flights to Eastern Europe?

osuche
10-15-2007, 01:43 PM
I don't know that I've ever won anything either...I think OldFart and I belong to the same club. ;)

dm383
10-18-2007, 03:48 AM
Game was AMAZING!!! Best £1.50 I've ever spent!

I love James McFadden!

Very temped to buy a ticket to the Georgia game on wed, Anyone know any cheap flights to Eastern Europe?

Did you get a ticket/flight for that game then, smithy? Bit of a let down, wasn't it?

Never mind - Italy @ Hampden next month (and I've got my name in the staff draw for two tickets - what're the odds, d'ya reckon?!?!); what a game that'll be!!!

Bring

It

On! :D

DM