PDA

View Full Version : Movies...

Jax
11-23-2006, 11:12 PM
Okay, got a date with the wife on Saturday night. Any particularily good movies out right now that you would recommend?

Wicked Wanda
11-24-2006, 10:49 AM
Go see "Stranger Than Fiction"

I HATE Will Ferrell Movies in general, but I got dragged to this on the advice of an online friend.

It's WONDERFUL!

It is intellegent, thought provoking, funny, tragic, and intense at times, and so well acted I was left speechless.
The cast includes Emma Thompson, Dustin Hoffman, Queen Latifah, the amazing Maggie Gyllenhaal, (who I find even more interesting and sexual here than she was in "The Secretary") and Linda Hunt. (who reminds me much of my own therapist, though he's male)

When I went to the movie it was full of teens expecting a typical Will Ferrell movie, and they made noise all through the show, so be prepared.

This is the best movie I have seen all year, and I want others to see it too.

Please, Please, Please PLEASE go see this and tell others about it.!!

:thumb:

WW

Pita
11-24-2006, 11:15 AM
Oooo I need a date night with my guy to go see this movie. :nod:

Lilith
11-25-2006, 05:49 PM
My suggestion is The Prestige

Irezumi Kiss
11-25-2006, 06:46 PM
Lilith >>

I recently saw "The Prestige," mostly since you bigged it up so much...actually I snuck in to see it at this multiplex after seeing "Happy Feet." I liked it, even though the character plot twists got a bit too much "deus ex machina" towards the end rather than being explained solidly.

And I recommend "Happy Feet" if you want to see something fun and colorful.

dicksbro
11-25-2006, 06:50 PM
I wondered about Happy Feet. Looks cute, but sometimes they can overdo things. Glad for your recommendation Irezumi Kiss! ;)

Jax
02-03-2007, 09:27 AM
Incidentally, finally saw Stranger than Fiction. Good movie. A little left of center. I liked it.

lakritze
02-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Last movie we saw in a theatre was BABEL.Loved it.

Lilith
02-03-2007, 05:08 PM
I heard Freedom Writers is excellent!