PDA

View Full Version : explosions rock London this morning

musicman
07-07-2005, 05:27 AM
Hoping all our Pixies' friends there are ok....

nothing official in terms of what happened yet (rumours of malfunctions though they are not ruling out terrorism either.....)

read it here (http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/07/london.tube/index.html)

Lilith
07-07-2005, 05:49 AM
sending thoughts of peace and healing calm to everyone within harms way.

Mr Foker
07-07-2005, 06:27 AM
been lots of casulities on the london underground explosions going off all over the place. the police have confirmed that one explosion was bu a sucide bomber.

Mr Foker
07-07-2005, 06:35 AM
further update on link below

http://www.guardian.co.uk/transport/Story/0,2763,1523084,00.html

nikki1979
07-07-2005, 07:11 AM
i was at my daughters class this morn when i was called about it , we left the base as fast as possible so we didnt get locked in , this is such a nightmare, a double decker with the top totally ripped off!! some scary shit , my best friends hubby rides the train to kings cross everyday (where one of the bombs went off) so i called her straight off since it happend the time of day he normally goes in , thank god he was out of town today!!!

sodaklostsoul
07-07-2005, 07:17 AM
I'm hoping Lizzardbits checks in soon......I'm not sure where Mayhem drives his bus!!!

BigBear57
07-07-2005, 07:19 AM
First they get the joy of hosting the Olympics and then this shit happens. My heartfelt condolences to any who lost or had someone injured. Terrorists are the cowards of the world. Senseless.

SteveClarke
07-07-2005, 07:28 AM
My first post at Pixies and it's about this :(

Was supposed to be on the tube at Moorgate at the time of the blasts, fortunately a late night (largely the result of finding this place again) meant I was running an hour late this morning.

Hope everyone is OK - have heard from colleagues that it's chaos there at the moment.

lazaruslong
07-07-2005, 07:37 AM
These damned bombers must be stopped!!!

My heart goes out to those exposed either physically or emotionally.

Lazarus Long
Oklahoma City

Coaster
07-07-2005, 07:40 AM
I hope all our English Pixies are safe from this senseless act of cowardice.

Please check in so we know you're safe!!!
:hug: :x:

GingerV
07-07-2005, 07:42 AM
Guess this is where us England-based Pixies are checking in. All's well in my corner of the country, but my heart goes out to those in London. It's been such an amazing week...and now this. Words fail me.

The news I'm getting seems to say that the emergency crews are doing an amazing job, that everyone is being as calm and helpful (staying off the streets etc.) as possible, and that while things are far from good...they could have been much much worse.

Gotta get back to work....but my best to all those closer to the chaos. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

G

Teddy Bear
07-07-2005, 08:10 AM
Praying for all our UK friends! And those visiting!

Hope we hear from all of you very soon!!

my love to you all, teddy

GingerV
07-07-2005, 08:20 AM
Just occurred to me....the bus in question was an open topped tourist bus, not one of the city buses. So long as Mayhem drives a city route he should be ok, does anyone know?

dicksbro
07-07-2005, 08:24 AM
God bless all our friends in London and in the UK. What terrible cowards these terrorists are. They're afraid to fight in the open and so they do things like this.

Our love and prayers to all affected directly or who have friends and loved ones in London.

PantyFanatic
07-07-2005, 08:28 AM
Just occurred to me....the bus in question was an open topped tourist bus, not one of the city buses. So long as Mayhem drives a city route he should be ok, does anyone know?
I remember asking about his route. He DIDN’T drive in London. :jump:

( Send our Lizz home NOW!!:mad: Your vacation is over. :( )

BIBI
07-07-2005, 08:40 AM
Always such senseless tragedies in this world of ours......

My thoughts and prayers go out to all.

IAKaraokeGirl
07-07-2005, 08:43 AM
((Pixies))

Irish
07-07-2005, 09:03 AM
First they get the joy of hosting the Olympics and then this shit happens. My heartfelt condolences to any who lost or had someone injured. Terrorists are the cowards of the world. Senseless.
I was watching,John Gibsons,show yesterday & he even said that the best thing about NY,not hosting,the Olympics,was that it would make NY a target
again.I guess that he was right!The news said that Londoners,didn't panic,
because they were used to IRA bombings,only the IRA targeted financial areas
& this targeted people. Irish :yikes:

PantyFanatic
07-07-2005, 09:05 AM
This is part my “Proximity Phenomena” that I’ve mentioned before.:rolleyes2
Why do we NEED to hear from ‘our’ people that are close to any calamity like this, even when we are reasonable confident they are all right? :confused: I want to hear from Fussy & Lue, ………. And all our other Pixies anywhere in England.

GET YOUR ASSES OVER TO OUR ‘Pixies Civil Defense’ THREAD AND REGISTER! Outside of the USA, we only have 3 members in Oz and 2 in all of Canada on our maps. How the fuck can I worry about you when I’m not sure where you are? :mad:

;)

Lilith
07-07-2005, 09:16 AM
They should be ok...they are not in London.

wyndhy
07-07-2005, 09:44 AM
sensless cowards :( when will they learn that their scare tactics don't stop us...they make us more determined than ever.

((((hugs))) for london, for england...for all that is good in this world.

sodaklostsoul
07-07-2005, 09:57 AM
Mayhem is not in London either and drives a city bus..........I just got a bit worried!! Still waiting for them to check in thou.

cowgirltease
07-07-2005, 11:05 AM
webcamwonder and Darkangel37......please check in. :(

FussyPucker
07-07-2005, 11:06 AM
It was a big shock when I started reading about it this morning. Thanks for your concern PF, luckily as Lil said Lou n I aren't in London. We're close enough for a our local government emergency planning team to be on a higher state of alert, I've been helping them with some computer issues today.

I guess with G8 and the Olympic thing the UK and especially London has become a focus for the world's media and where there's plenty of media attention there's going to be terrorists/cowards.

The last report I saw said 33 confirmed dead from the blasts on the underground and no numbers have been given yet for those killed in the bus bombing.

An unknown al-Qaeda linked group have claimed responsibility for the attack

From bbc news website:-

The organisation calls itself the Secret Organisation Group of al-Qaeda [literally the base] of Jihad Organisation in Europe.

The group is previously unknown.

The website has previously carried statements purporting to be from al-Qaeda. It is not possible to verify such claims published on the web.

This is the full text of the statement.

"In the name of God, the merciful, the compassionate, may peace be upon the cheerful one and undaunted fighter, Prophet Muhammad, God's peace be upon him.

Nation of Islam and Arab nation: Rejoice for it is time to take revenge against the British Zionist Crusader government in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan. The heroic mujahideen have carried out a blessed raid in London. Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters.

We have repeatedly warned the British Government and people. We have fulfilled our promise and carried out our blessed military raid in Britain after our mujahideen exerted strenuous efforts over a long period of time to ensure the success of the raid.

We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all the Crusader governments that they will be punished in the same way if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He who warns is excused.

God says: "You who believe: If ye will aid (the cause of) Allah, He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly."

LixyChick
07-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Oh My! All in the name of God, eh? *deep, heavy sigh*

My thoughts are with all those in harms way!

TY for the update Fussy!

PantyFanatic
07-07-2005, 11:29 AM
...From bbc news website:-

The organisation calls itself the Secret Organisation Group of al-Qaeda [literally the base] of Jihad Organisation in Europe.

The group is previously unknown.

The website has previously carried statements purporting to be from al-Qaeda. It is not possible to verify such claims published on the web.

This is the full text of the statement.

".....God says: "You who believe: If ye will aid (the cause of) Allah, He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly."
I have a bonus for him.:D

I will do my best to FIRMLY plant my boot on his friggen throat! :mad:

Irish
07-07-2005, 01:05 PM
PF---I was thinking of a different place,to plant my boot.All in the name of
GOD of course! Irish :confused:

Aqua
07-07-2005, 01:14 PM
I saw this on the news this morning and it made me feel sad and angry all at once.

My thoughts and prayers go to all those affected.

PantyFanatic
07-07-2005, 01:40 PM
PF---I was thinking of a different place,to plant my boot.All in the name of
GOD of course! Irish :confused:
GOD hell!:mad: It's 'in the name of gods' that got us here. I want to do it because they're barbaric sniveling slime that can't be allowed to screw with innocent people.

Fangtasia
07-07-2005, 01:44 PM
MY thoughts to all affected by this...

mayhem1978
07-07-2005, 01:48 PM
Ok ok we are here honest.,..... you can all stop worrying now we were out playing tourist in stratfoird today, thank god.

The first we heard of it was in the pub at lunch,

There was a heavy police presence in Birmingham today apparantly with buses being searched everytime they arrived in the city centre. Im on the early shift from tommorrow for a week so chances are ill have a couple of coppers on my bus.

Lizz will check in later but she is sitting right here with me.

on behalf of the rest of the world id just like to say that the people that did this are total scum.

PantyFanatic
07-07-2005, 02:01 PM
It's about time!! :)

:grope:

WildIrish
07-07-2005, 02:12 PM
I'm glad to see people checking in. Thank goodness you're safe, and my hopes & prayers are with those who were there.

lizzardbits
07-07-2005, 02:19 PM
we were out playing in Straford-upon-Avon, good ole Willie Shakespeare's home town when we heard about the bombings. We are ok, shocked and abhorred at what happened, but ok. Mayhem and i are both at his Flat now and watching the news. luv ya all

33 dead at the last i heard.....that is the number of people thus far on our list to invite to our wedding.....it really brings it home for me. 33 innocents..

i am thinking of tying Mayhem to the bed and not letting him go to work in the morning. (of course i'd make staying home worthwhile, :P )

Oh, Mother Hen, aka Father Cock, aka PF, i will be coming back to the US soon enough, but not right now, I NEED to be with Mayhem every single second that i can be with him. I will keep checking in and i may be in chat sometime this week.

Pita
07-07-2005, 03:52 PM
(((((hugs and prayers))))))

Cheyanne
07-07-2005, 05:42 PM
Makes the world a smaller place... :( My thoughts and prayers are with all.

boilergirl1
07-07-2005, 06:21 PM
it's about time mayhem an lizz checked in thankful you two are ok an my heart goes out to those familys that are affected. the dirty bastards that did this really are scum we must come up with a better way to express our anger than what they did. my heart is sad for humanity in general that violence is what we resort to. well that's my two cents peace to all ,schelagh

TinTennessee
07-07-2005, 06:29 PM
I have been worried about our British Pixies since I heard the news this morning. I am so sorry you had to go through this tragedy; God played no part it in.

cowgirltease
07-07-2005, 08:13 PM
Makes the world a smaller place... :( My thoughts and prayers are with all.
And to all you people who have been bashing the U.S. for staying in Iraq......
Do you know how bad I'm biting my tongue right now????????????

:rolleyes2

These people don't give a shit what country you are from......:mad:

Mae
07-07-2005, 09:49 PM
My sympathies and heartfelt condolences go out to those who have been affected by the bombings in London; and to their dear friends and families. Those who are responsible will not rejoice so loudly when they are in front of "Allah". They will get an incredibly rude awakening as they are making their rapid descent. :devilish: I have a dear friend that lives just outside of London. She doesn't go in very often, but her husband and son do. I emailed them this morning, as it is impossible to get through via phone. I'm hopeful she'll have time to get back to me by tomorrow. She's a really sweet person.

Steph
07-08-2005, 08:15 AM

The people responsible for 911 weren't Iraqis -- most of them were Saudis.

cowgirltease
07-08-2005, 08:30 AM
Nation of Islam and Arab nation: Rejoice for it is time to take revenge against the British Zionist Crusader government in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Steph ... our mission was to stop the Al-Qaeda and to bring those responsible for the 911 attack to justice was it not?

Irish
07-08-2005, 08:33 AM

:rolleyes2

These people don't give a shit what country you are from......:mad:
I agree!If peoples mothers,wifes or sisters were in one of Saddam's,rape rooms,torture rooms,or MASS graves,they might think differently.I,personaly,
didn't think about WMDs,everything else made it worthwhile,to me!I know,
that many disagree,but those are my feelings! Irish

PantyFanatic
07-08-2005, 09:27 AM
I’ve also been biting my tongue at a few places on our board CGT. I’ve been reluctant to make a post because I don’t want our special place to turn into a pissing contest, as you once mentioned before. These events DO effect all of us in our real life, and while Pixies is our place to separate ourselves from the BS of the real world, it also is the place we have come to know and care about REAL people in a REAL way.

I feel that this topic would be better suited in another place, like the “George Bush can Bite my Nonexistant Nuts!” (http://www.pixies-place.com:81/forums/showthread.php?t=25581) thread where our maddy had the courage to reasonably state her opinion. While I have to run at this minute, I will share my thoughts there until I feel that honest concern and reason has left. Then I will have to turn off so we can keep, at least THIS place, separate from the mayhem that’s out there.

:x:

lizzardbits
07-08-2005, 09:41 AM
........so we can keep, at least THIS place, separate from the mayhem that’s out there.

But, but, but, but I don't wanna be separate from Mayhem... *pouts and crosses arms like a petulant child*

BIBI
07-08-2005, 09:47 AM
But, but, but, but I don't wanna be separate from Mayhem... *pouts and crosses arms like a petulant child*

:baby: Here you forgot this! ;)

Coaster
07-08-2005, 09:47 AM

I was waiting for that!^^^^^^^^^^ :D

Lilith
07-08-2005, 11:04 AM
The people responsible for 911 weren't Iraqis -- most of them were Saudis.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A47812-2004Jun16.html

jseal
07-08-2005, 04:12 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/uk/03/hutton_inquiry/hutton_report/html/chapter12.stm

(1) (ii), (iv), (v), (vi)

Not, of course, that this will change any established opinions.

cowgirltease
07-08-2005, 05:08 PM
I’ve also been biting my tongue at a few places on our board CGT. I’ve been reluctant to make a post because I don’t want our special place to turn into a pissing contest, as you once mentioned before. These events DO effect all of us in our real life, and while Pixies is our place to separate ourselves from the BS of the real world, it also is the place we have come to know and care about REAL people in a REAL way.

I feel that this topic would be better suited in another place, like the “George Bush can Bite my Nonexistant Nuts!” (http://www.pixies-place.com:81/forums/showthread.php?t=25581) thread where our maddy had the courage to reasonably state her opinion. While I have to run at this minute, I will share my thoughts there until I feel that honest concern and reason has left. Then I will have to turn off so we can keep, at least THIS place, separate from the mayhem that’s out there.

:x:
My feelings didn't belong in that thread...... I am an American Patriot. I believe in my country and my leader in my country and what he's doing to protect my ass. NOT in the POLITICAL party who happens to be the leader at the time. I believe in AMERICA. Good luck everyone. :wave:
Watch your backside.........These people will die in the name of their holy one.....will you?

YM me if you care to stay in touch. Adios.......

Lilith
07-08-2005, 05:15 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/uk/03/hutton_inquiry/hutton_report/html/chapter12.stm

(1) (ii), (iv), (v), (vi)

Not, of course, that this will change any established opinions.
OMG I didn't read it all yet but they refer to the term "sexed up" if nothing else about it got my (short) attention.

jseal
07-08-2005, 05:56 PM
cowgirltease,

I hope the above does not mean what I fear it does, but if it does, then let me, in parting, leave you with an excerpt from Lord Acton:

"Liberty is not a means to a higher political end. It is itself the highest political end...liberty is the only object which benefits all alike, and provokes no sincere opposition...The danger is not that a particular class is unfit to govern. Every class is unfit to govern... Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. " [emphasis mine]

wyndhy
07-08-2005, 09:25 PM
jseal,
here's a quote about power that i like....
"Power dements even more than it corrupts, lowering the guard of foresight and raising the haste of action." ~Will and Ariel Durant

jseal
07-08-2005, 09:47 PM
wyndhy,

Yes'm. It seems to fit.

BIGbad
07-08-2005, 10:16 PM
The way I see it...the is no gray area when dealing with terrorists. Either you give in to their demands and hope that it will end there or wipe them and anyone who may rise from their ashes off the face of the planet otherwize someone will always be pissed off at something that we or our government does or says.

"There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers or principalities; it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril, we can never surrender.

The future is all around us, . . waiting in moments of transition, to be born . . in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain."

Irish
07-08-2005, 10:31 PM
The way I see it...the is no gray area when dealing with terrorists. Either you give in to their demands and hope that it will end there or wipe them and anyone who may rise from their ashes off the face of the planet otherwize someone will always be pissed off at something that we or our government does or says.

"There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers or principalities; it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril, we can never surrender.

The future is all around us, . . waiting in moments of transition, to be born . . in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain."
I have to say that I agree!I can only think of one saying:
If you don't stand for something,You'll fall for anything!
I've stood for something,that I thought was right,for my whole life & I'm not
going to change,just to be "Mr. Popular"! Irish :rant:

lonelyarmywife
07-08-2005, 10:34 PM
[QUOTE=IrishI've stood for something,that I thought was right,for my whole life & I'm not
going to change,just to be "Mr. Popular"! Irish :rant:[/QUOTE]

Even if you found out later that you're opinion, even though it seemed correct at the time, was completly wrong?

Mae
07-08-2005, 10:39 PM
Something slightly different....I just got an email from my friend in London. She and her family are okay. :)

Lilith
07-08-2005, 10:40 PM
Glad to hear it Mae...I'm still awaiting news from a friend but I am pretty sure I'm worrying for nothing.

Mae
07-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Thank you. Her husband and one of her sons was on the other side of town...thank goodness.

Irish
07-08-2005, 10:45 PM
Even if you found out later that you're opinion, even though it seemed correct at the time, was completly wrong?
I've never found anything,that I believe in to be wrong!That's why I believe in it.I have been married for 40yrs,have two daughters,in their 30s,& four
grandchildren.One of the things,that they ALL admire about me,is that I look
at both sides,& pick the one that,in my opinion is right! Irish

lizzardbits
07-08-2005, 10:46 PM
Thank you. Her husband and one of her sons was on the other side of town...thank goodness.
I'll second that Thank Goodness

BIGbad
07-08-2005, 10:48 PM

Yep I would still be proud that I stood up for what I thought was right at the time. Unlike our esteemed president I would admit that was wrong if it ended up that way. I have had to do this on occasion but not on many.

BIGbad
07-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Something slightly different....I just got an email from my friend in London. She and her family are okay. :)

Good to hear that!

jseal
07-09-2005, 06:19 AM

lonelyarmywife,

Yes mam. I have, on occasion, as have many people, had to make the best choice I could based upon the limited and incomplete information I had at the time I had to make the decision.

On several of those occasions I wanted dearly to have more time and information before making a decision. Regrettably, a few of those choices did turn out to be wrong, even though when I made them, I believed that I was making the correct choice. Some were rather embarrassing at the time. :o

I have a difficult time imagining how to get though life without facing such situations.

dicksbro
07-09-2005, 06:38 AM
I had sent our families condolences to the British Consulate in Chicago and got two very nice replies from different offices in the Consulate. Truly, the people of London and the UK have been an inspiration to us and to the world by their courage and resolve.

Their courage truly stands in stark contrast to the cowardly slime that did that.

Let me share one of those messages with you ...

========================================================

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful message. Your support and thoughts are deeply appreciated.

As Tony Blair, the British Prime Minister, said at Gleneagles:

"It's important... that those engaged in terrorism realize that our determination to defend our values and our way of life is greater than their determination to cause death and destruction to innocent people in a desire to impose extremism on the world.

"Whatever they do, it is our determination that they will never succeed in destroying what we hold dear in this country and in other civilized nations throughout the world."

Thank you again for writing.
Yours sincerely

Katie Bowen
British Consulate-General, Chicago

jseal
07-09-2005, 07:57 AM
Gentlefolk,

Contrast that statement to an excerpt from one claiming responsibility for the bombings:

“…the heroic mujahedeen carried out a blessed attack in London, and now Britain is burning with fear and terror, from north to south, east to west.”

Lilith
07-09-2005, 09:02 AM
I heard this morning from the last person I was needlessly worrying about. So far it seems most of our "vocal" UK Pixies are accounted for. Is there anyone else you can think of that we have not heard from?

Teddy Bear
07-09-2005, 09:59 AM
I heard this morning from the last person I was needlessly worrying about. So far it seems most of our "vocal" UK Pixies are accounted for. Is there anyone else you can think of that we have not heard from?

I knew MadMax67 was from the UK but wasn't sure where.....

Finally caught up with him in yahoo and he's no where near the bombings.

He said: "London is about 400 miles from here." Yeahhhh!!

Another Pixie safe. :)

jseal
07-09-2005, 10:02 AM
...Another Pixie safe. :)

Teddy Bear,

Yea! :thumb:

Lilith
07-09-2005, 10:03 AM
TY Teddy Bear I saw him pop up on Yahoo so I figured he was safe! Danziggy is another Pixie in the England ( not sure exactly where) but his visits are extremely sporadic so I doubt he'd think to come check in. I just may have to hunt him down. :D

BIBI
07-09-2005, 10:35 AM
Gentlefolk,

Contrast that statement to an excerpt from one claiming responsibility for the bombings:

“…the heroic mujahedeen carried out a blessed attack in London, and now Britain is burning with fear and terror, from north to south, east to west.”

It has a definate ring of "Bagdad Bob"

jseal
07-09-2005, 10:44 AM
BIBI,

“Baghdad Bob”? Has he returned from his (enforced) administrative leave? :)

BIBI
07-09-2005, 11:25 AM
BIBI,

“Baghdad Bob”? Has he returned from his (enforced) administrative leave? :)

No I think his younger cousin took over for him....

Geesh that guy was a buffoon, :) He must have been the unknown comic on the Gong Show.

bb@po9
07-10-2005, 03:00 PM
It is so heart warming, to know that there are so many caring people in the world. Especially all my fellow pixies, today I watched the parade which took place in London on the television, It was great to see so many people out on the streets.

Just to show these cowardly low life that we will not let them ruin our lives.

Steph
07-10-2005, 03:15 PM
I read about the parade on the BBC's Web site. The headline said 'Planes drop a million poppies" but for some reason I read it as 'Planes drop a million people' first. :eek: :D

PantyFanatic
07-10-2005, 09:42 PM
I’m happy to say I’ve had word about some of our long silent Pixies from in the London area. :jump:

Lorri (one time Queen of Pixies Chat room) and her people are all safe and fine. HellBells, who is still in the US, has many friends and family still in London that were not directly effected by the repulsive events of Thursday.:) :)

:cheers:

lizzardbits
07-13-2005, 03:39 AM
I quickly caught some of the news this morning and they report that it was 4 young British men that were suicide bombers. :yikes:

lizzardbits
07-13-2005, 03:42 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4676577.stm here ya go if you wanna read more

maddy
07-13-2005, 07:09 AM
i read the same... but the British men had Pakastani ties, or at least one of them did.

cowgirltease
07-16-2005, 09:13 PM
*wondering if I'm being banned for my "freedom of speech" everyone else has in this forum............* That's OK............. I made my point. a SAD day for me I'd never thought it would have come between us......... Americans can't express their feelings about us but every other country can????????????

Lilith
07-16-2005, 09:22 PM
CGT~ You obviously have not been banned. You are free to express your views but you will be expected to be tolerant of the views of others as they will be expected to be tolerant of yours, regardless of whether it be regarding sex, politics, religions, lifestyles, etc. If you make a political post such as the one you made here, you should expect and respect that someone may have a different view.

If anyone feels they are unable to participate in discussions without it becoming personal, then they should probably avoid posting in those threads. Personal attacks/flaming members will not be tolerated.

cowgirltease
07-16-2005, 09:37 PM
When they inflame AMERICANS and the leader of their country......LILITH.......It becomes PERSONAL. We don't talk shit about theirs.

waltaja
07-16-2005, 09:47 PM
i am in full agreement with CGT. I may not post alot, but i have read alot. and i don't recall seeing very many Tony Blair sucks posts. but people will automatically jump on Bush's back and how American's are dumb for re-electing him.

and I am with CGT in thinking that those kinds of posts are bullshit. i would guarantee if i read and knew the facts and then attacked Tony Blair, people would have a spas attack. my 2 cents. take it how you will

Lilith
07-16-2005, 09:53 PM
CGT~ many people not only around the world but in this country as well have differing views regarding the US government (as they do about many things). People should not have to walk on eggshells when discussing how they feel about it. If someone says George Bush is an idiot and you take that personally, that is your choice, millions of Americans would not think a thing. Just like if someone said Tony Blair is an idiot and Lou or Fussy took it personally, it would be their choice( if I remember right though Lou would be in agreement, as I think I have seen her post to that idea), ad many Brits would not be troubled by it at all.

On a board made up of all kinds of adults from all over the place, you need to expect people to express views you don't like and you need to find a way to express your own views in return. If someone disagres with you, they have that right. Adults should be capable of adult discussion.

Members are free to post regarding policies and politics in any country you choose as well. We have many anti-Saddam and anti-Bin Laden threads and posts. We have had posts debating the policies in Australia regarding voting. Problem is that many Americans don't really know that much about what goes on in other countries.

In my never so humble opinion, it's part of the ethnocentrism that some other countries accuse us of. I personally prefer not to discuss politics/government here but I realize that considering the enormous part they play in all of our lives is unrealistic to expect. I have learned to participate where I choose, always mindful that US governement and politics affect the much of the world. As has been seen in the recent application of the law that has spurred the change in our pic posting policy.

Neige
07-17-2005, 12:22 AM
...the British men had Pakastani ties...

Just wanted to share a giggle I just had... am I the only one who imagined the British men wearing ties made in Pakistan??? :D

Loulabelle
07-17-2005, 02:57 AM
Lilith -

Just wanted to say that no, Fussy and I would not take it personally if anyone were to say that Tony Blair's an idiot, and interestingly enough, he and I both have quite differing views on the subject ourselves.

Fussy and I come from quite different socio-economic backgrounds so it's unsurprising that we have different political views and in the recent General Election we actually voted differently as well. Mine was largely a tactical vote to try to unseat Tony Blair, while Fussy voted for the party he felt would best lead this country. He and his family helped to vote Tony Blair into power last time too, I believe.

We discuss politics a fair amount at home, and I can safely say our discussions have never escalated into anything personal, because, as you say Lilith, we are both capable of adult discussion and we respect each other's views, realising that the difference in our backgrounds and life experiences have resulted in a different world view.

Steph
07-17-2005, 03:47 AM
When they inflame AMERICANS and the leader of their country......LILITH.......It becomes PERSONAL. We don't talk shit about theirs.

I think you brought up Bush in this thread and talked about the Iraqi war and how this bombing proved the Iraqi war was justified.

Show me where Bush was attacked in this thread.

If you want to get into it, a wonderful right-wing American on this site said Canada didn't get involved with Iraq because Newfoundlanders kill baby seals. It was the equivalent of saying Oklahomans . . . well, let's just say it sucked. My friend hid behind the good old 'I just got this in an email from someone else' yet he insulted my province.

We can't avoid politics here obviously but again, you tooted the horn of how justified this war was when I fail to see the correlation.

Of course I'm not a supporter of Bush. Of course I know you are.

Facts are facts. You can hide behind the flag and cry when I don't kiss your ass for your ideals but come on! You live in a free country. You can talk about how wonderful Bush is but why shouldn't you expect someone to disconstruct your theories?

You're a tough woman, I'm a tough woman. I don't get why you're getting so pissed about this.

And I will ask because some people have said this site's "majority" are anti-Bush:

1) Who has left the site because of politics? (Irish, you keep saying people email you because they've left the site -- if you don't want to give a name, why not at least give us a thread that caused the exodus?)
2) When has any political thread been shot down because of its slant? Left- and right-wing threads are welcome here as long as they're not based on retardedness like "Newfoundlanders kill baby seals and are too busy to be in Iraq".

And honest to Christ, CGT, if you read your reply to my first post here, it really makes no sense. You are not debating facts. I'm telling you that Iraqis were not involved with 9/11 but you still continue to wave the flag and say, from what I can gather, that terrorism is being fought and dealt with cuz Americans are in Iraq right now. Jesus Murphy, Saddam Hussein is insane but HE WASN'T INVOLVED WITH 9/11.

I understand you're patriotic but can you not acknowledge that President Bush has spun this war to show he's protecting Americans after 9/11 even though Iraqis were not involved with it? I pray for the troops, too.

Straight up, I was a member of other mostly-American sites and left them after viewing "Let's kill the towelhead" threads. I would prefer that the site stays away from politics but I know it's a major part of life and I tend to wade in when I see facts are being fucked with. Emotions are one thing, don't fuck with the facts.

jseal
07-17-2005, 06:18 AM
cowgirltease,

The reason for the invasion of Iraq was the purported existence, and Saddam Hussein’s documented use, of weapons of mass destruction (chemical & biological), not any assistance the Hussein regime may have provided to al-Qaeda. That argument came later, after the WMDs were not found.

Fangtasia
07-17-2005, 06:26 AM
I support Bush and i'm not even American *LOL*

Same as i support the current Prime Minister of Australia....though it can be a very unpopular thing to do

Tough titties...i know who i stand for...i know what i believe...and we can debate it to hell and back but ya aint gonna change my mind *LOL*

Irish
07-17-2005, 08:51 AM
I will answer,only the part that my name was mentioned in.My personal code,
will not allow me to mention ANY names.If people,want to,make fun of my
standards, they won't be getting any virgin.I expect the same from said
people.That's what friendships,all about.If others,were trusted,to keep
secrets,they would be e-mailed. Irish
P.S.As in "old time" bikers code!#1 rule is don't" RAT"!If you don't stand for
something,You'll fall for anything. Irish

BIBI
07-17-2005, 10:18 AM
If you guys south of me feel a warm gush of air.....It's just me sighing. ;)

Cheyanne
07-17-2005, 11:45 AM
If you guys south of me feel a warm gush of air.....It's just me sighing. ;)

Damn woman! Quit that! We are experiencing a heat wave here in Iowa! 90 plus degrees, high humidity...the grass is turning brown!!!

(((((BIBI)))))

BIBI
07-17-2005, 11:52 AM
Damn woman! Quit that! We are experiencing a heat wave here in Iowa! 90 plus degrees, high humidity...the grass is turning brown!!!

(((((BIBI)))))

Same weather here Chey....
LMAO...we just got rain yesterday and today for the first time in weeks.

Irish
07-17-2005, 11:58 AM

(((((BIBI)))))
We're experiencing the same here,only the grass is staying green,& growing faster!The last time that I got gas,for my mower,it was $2.34 for regular.
Therefore,my grass, is longer then I have ever kept it!NOW,I wish that I didn't
have an acre!We got a new computer lately & I have even been turning that
off alot,because the cooling fan in it runs constantly,otherwise! Irish

Loulabelle
07-17-2005, 01:58 PM
I love how this thread has gone off topic and is now about something as inoffensive as the weather, but I do just have one final thing to say about the goings-on in this thread.

Just over a week ago, a terrible thing happened to some (most would believe) undeserving people at the hands of some angry, misguided, confused young men.

These young men were aiming to create as much terror, unrest and chaos in our lives as possible.

By falling out with friends and people we care about because of their actions, we're giving them exactly the reaction they are looking for. Everytime there is a cross word caused by them, anywhere in the world, they are winning their fight.

Please. Please. Don't let them win here.

GingerV
07-17-2005, 02:53 PM
Amen

maddy
07-18-2005, 06:33 PM
Amen sister friend... I've been thinking along the thoughts of Lou's post as I was catching up on this post... lest us not forget.

Mr Foker
07-20-2005, 04:09 PM
I love how this thread has gone off topic and is now about something as inoffensive as the weather, but I do just have one final thing to say about the goings-on in this thread.

Just over a week ago, a terrible thing happened to some (most would believe) undeserving people at the hands of some angry, misguided, confused young men.

These young men were aiming to create as much terror, unrest and chaos in our lives as possible.

By falling out with friends and people we care about because of their actions, we're giving them exactly the reaction they are looking for. Everytime there is a cross word caused by them, anywhere in the world, they are winning their fight.

Please. Please. Don't let them win here.

well said lou this thread was about the london tradegy and got hijacked in one way or another. people died in london and personal feelings against politicians should not have been brought to this thread. This should have been for thoose that suffered in a sensless attack by cowards

sorry rest of pixies rant over

bare4you
07-20-2005, 08:31 PM
As some of you know I am retired from the Air Force. When 9-11 happened I tried to re-enlist but had been out a few months too long. I did the next thing I could and started the long road to my present career. I work for the TSA (those dreaded folks that do the passenger screening at the airport). I was one of the first 300 hired in the nation and visited many cities during that first year training. Shoot I was even in cities where some of you live (and you know who you are). I dedicated my life on 9-11 back to where I had been during my years in the Air Force to one of public service. A day never passes that I don't think about 9-11 and the events in London recently brought tears once again to my eyes. Regardless of your point of view on the causes behind this war - we need to remember the lives touched by the terror they have been forced to live with. My thoughts and prayers are with each and every family touched by those events as well as the families of our service men and women serving today. (Sorry for the soap box)

jseal
07-21-2005, 05:11 AM
... (Sorry for the soap box) ...

bare4you,

No problem at all! I'm certain that everyone who would agree that terrorism must be defeated. We only disagree on which techniques to employ, and when.

musicman
07-21-2005, 07:47 AM
More this morning.....read on.....

Story (http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/21/london.tube/index.html)

Lilith
07-21-2005, 09:31 AM
It's just terrible.

sama1005
07-21-2005, 09:38 AM
I agree with Lil. I also think the terrorists still don't understand that terrorism does not accomplish anything except stiffen the resolve of the people they are attacking.
Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you living in England, especially those of you living in London.

BIBI
07-21-2005, 09:39 AM
Yes it is terrible and even more, it seems these happenings are going to be here with us for years to come....

wyndhy
07-21-2005, 10:03 AM
:(

scotzoidman
07-21-2005, 03:04 PM
"I think the important thing is that the intentions of the terrorists have not been successful." I heard someone say some time back that terrorism has a 100% failure rate...that no one is ever won over to the terrorists' cause, & in fact it seems to strengthen the will of the targeted people...with that in mind, my heartfelt respect goes out to our British cousins...

bare4you
07-21-2005, 05:36 PM
I have one of those little ribbons on my car which say "Freedom isn't Free". Never more evident than what happened again today in London. Cowards!

TinTennessee
07-21-2005, 07:09 PM
As some of you know I am retired from the Air Force. When 9-11 happened I tried to re-enlist but had been out a few months too long. I did the next thing I could and started the long road to my present career. I work for the TSA (those dreaded folks that do the passenger screening at the airport). I was one of the first 300 hired in the nation and visited many cities during that first year training. Shoot I was even in cities where some of you live (and you know who you are). I dedicated my life on 9-11 back to where I had been during my years in the Air Force to one of public service. A day never passes that I don't think about 9-11 and the events in London recently brought tears once again to my eyes. Regardless of your point of view on the causes behind this war - we need to remember the lives touched by the terror they have been forced to live with. My thoughts and prayers are with each and every family touched by those events as well as the families of our service men and women serving today. (Sorry for the soap box)

:x: Thank you for all you have done and continue to do for us.

sodaklostsoul
07-21-2005, 11:05 PM
Hugs for the Brits.

dicksbro
07-22-2005, 03:15 AM
God bless our friends in the UK. You are truly an inspiration to all of us. And ... really ... God bless everyone anywhere in the world where people have been victimized by those who are so filled with hate and cruelty, they specifically target the innocent!

nikki1979
07-22-2005, 05:15 AM
This has got to stop!!! i am so pissy at the moment , why the hell cant the terroists just relize they arnt acheivng their goal of chaos and shud just save their damn money!!!i am going to london on the 30th , i will NOT let any terroist change my plans , i am glad to see everyone who is just returning to work and such and not letting this stop them ! dont let them win!!!

bare4you
07-22-2005, 01:11 PM
Nikki hit it right on the head. As soon as we allow them to win - they win. All they want to do is force their way of life on those of us that live freely. They will never win because of people like Nikki! Good on ya... :thumb:

LixyChick
07-22-2005, 06:35 PM
Holding my breath for the "other shoe" to drop!

With all the good peeps on this planet...I just wish we could eradicate this mindset of these terrorists/cowards from our lives forever...once and for all...in one fell swoop!

Can you say Hiroshima <sp?>...*and thinking about that statement*...can Lixy even spell it????...Oh Gawd! You know what I mean!

Metrodance
07-23-2005, 01:57 AM
They’ve picked the wrong city to bomb – lived through the IRA – Londoners are proud of their ability to withstand. The Brit police are politely tough – I spent my first 14 years in Belfast.

It would appear they executed the one they caught.

mayhem1978
07-23-2005, 04:35 AM
Ok as most of you know I am a bus driver and the London bus bomb really freeked me out.

THe problem now is that we are getting "copy cat" calls and hoax's into every garage almost on a daily basis. Its even dropped so low to the point where school kids last night yelled out on a crowded bus (yes it was mine)

"THERES A BOMB ON THE BUS"
cue 2 hour delay to everyones trip and 4 kids being hauled off to the copshop for a very severe beating (i hope).

Last night in Birmingham there were 2 alerts in the space of 20 mins and 8 police cars screamed past me at some point on my journey into the town centre.

The London bombers may be dead but the terror lives on and that is what i think they wanted. Its all very well having codes that they use to tell if the threats are genuine or not but the day you ignore a bomb message is the day someone dies who didnt need to.

Sorry for the rant

dicksbro
07-23-2005, 04:45 AM
Mayhem, you just be very careful and alert. We're saying a lot of prayers and send you our very best wishes. Hoping one of these days the leadership of all these gangs of murderers will be caught and given the chance to meet their maker.

PantyFanatic
07-23-2005, 08:58 AM
Heed DB’s wise words MH. There are a lot of people over here, besides one special Pixie, that thinks about you regularly.

I also hope these pieces of scum would get to first meet the brothers and sisters of every innocent victim. Then meet the spouse and children of each one. Then after they meet each mother who lost a child, be given to the fathers of the innocent to be sent to meet their maker. :mad:

Lilith
07-23-2005, 09:00 AM
A series of bombs have rocked Egypt as well, killing 62 and wounding hundreds. It's so senseless.

dicksbro
07-23-2005, 09:02 AM
I agree, Lil. It's senseless and cruel. Can you imagine the audacity of this scum to claim to be working for God? IDIOTS!

bare4you
07-23-2005, 09:11 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mayhem and every other person out there trying to do what's right and make a comfortable existance for him/herself and their family and having to put up with this lunacy. God be with and protect you.

GingerV
07-23-2005, 09:22 AM
You're doing the right thing Mayhem...you keep yourself and your passengers safe. My thoughts are with you, hope this doesn't spread in your direction!

wyndhy
07-23-2005, 11:30 AM
people are also calling in threats to mosques. it perpetuates the hate. :(

BIBI
07-23-2005, 02:02 PM
people are also calling in threats to mosques. it perpetuates the hate. :(

It sure does....

After 9/11 some morons here in my city took it upon themselves to burn down a mosque. As it turned out they burned down a Hindu Temple.

PantyFanatic
07-23-2005, 03:17 PM
... took it upon themselves to burn down a mosque. As it turned out they burned down a Hindu Temple.
*shakes head* :ahole:

BIBI
07-23-2005, 05:03 PM
*shakes head* :ahole:

EXCUSE ME??? :yikes:

LMAO :jester:

jseal
07-24-2005, 04:31 AM
Gentlefolk,

For those who may be interested, a snippet of an interesting interview.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/news_web/video/9012da68001d1b0/nb/09012da68001d1b9_16x9_nb.asx

bare4you
08-03-2005, 07:45 PM
I had the honor of escorting a gentleman who was flying to Germany this morning. His 40-year old son-in-law had received some very serious injuries recently in Iraq. He was in the gun turrett of his Hummer and took a direct hit. I won't describe the injuries as they are very horrific (and they call photos of sex pornographic). The soldier has only 3-months to retirement after a glorious and honorable career in the US Army. Now he is fighting for his life instead of his country. Fortunately there are no children but what struck me odd is that his own brothers didn't want to go and be with him in what could very well be his last few days. After I escorted this gentleman to his gate, I found myself and quiet spot and shed a tear. I immediately thought of this thread and felt that his story had to be shared. The military will not fly anyone other than blood relatives to a soldier's bedside at a time like this. The gentleman was able to find a group that donates plane tickets and he was given (at no charge) a business class seat to Amsterdam then to Frankfurt and back home (if you know anything about plane fares - not cheap). The State Department rushed through his passport application as well and he got his in about 2 hours this morning. God Bless America!!