PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Dance Album

GingerV
09-09-2003, 11:51 AM
Here's the deal. A friend is having another party. I love her to bits, she's a great person, she's a fab cook, and all our mutual friends are a riot. It's going to be a blast, I know. There's just one problem...

SHE'S GOT ATTROCIOUS TASTE IN MUSIC!

That might be a little bit overstated. It's good music. It's NOT party music. At least, it's not "push back the furniture, here hold my drink, I've gotta dance" music. There's a bunch of us (well, a dozen anyway) who have the same problem every time she does one of these....wanna dance, nothing worth dancing to. So THIS time, I'm bringing tunes. I don't want to haul in every CD I've ever owned, however...so I'm asking from help from the Pixie Party Animals.

What songs are the must haves on a party album? What songs do you personally HAVE to get up and dance to? I want the real irresistables here, not necessarily just the classics.

Thanks in advance!

Ginge

Aqua
09-09-2003, 12:14 PM
Hmmmm... Sorry Ginger but I don't think I will be of much help. As long as it has the right rhythm it will get me moving, but I can't really think of specific songs... maybe I'll think of something later. How about I pounce you in the mean time... ;) :p

Steph
09-09-2003, 12:23 PM
Good dancing music can be cheesy - "I Will Survive", "Celebration" . . . man, i have to come back with less cheesy stuff!

GingerV
09-09-2003, 12:41 PM
Cheesy is fine, I just want what works for other people ;).

Steph
09-09-2003, 01:21 PM
Lots of hip-hop will do the trick, too - Nelly, dr. Dre . . .

Lilith
09-09-2003, 01:53 PM
It's getting hot in here..;)

PantyFanatic
09-09-2003, 04:38 PM
Do they line dance?

GingerV
09-09-2003, 05:16 PM
Never that I've seen....

PantyFanatic
09-09-2003, 05:29 PM
That may be a way to get the whole dancing thing started. I’ve played for a LOT of people that seemed to enjoy it.

Maybe just start with the old standard “Electric Slide” this time. If you have only two people that learn the step before hand and find two more willing to stand up and try it with you…….. it won’t be long before you have half the room shuffling next to you.

"The Cool Old White Guy";)

BigBear57
09-09-2003, 06:30 PM
I always liked Robert Palmer "Addicted to Love" and maybe some Stones or Bob Segar. Sorta dates me huh? :p